Opinion on the future schedules

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Opinion on the future schedules

Post by DuckzRule »

I know that his has nothing to do with our coaching-search right now but this seemed interesting to discuss a bit, because of Baylor's head coach who many people want to be our next HC.

Our next P5 opponent is Georgia who will prolly blow us out unless we can do something right, but here's the interesting thing, after that, it will be 5 long years playing against Big 12 opponents and then 4 (with one space empty) years playing against B1G opponents, I don't know what happened but I think Oregon is scheduling cupcakes except for Ohio State in 2032 and 2033 or if they are afraid of the SEC (ACC is too far away so it's understandable)

Oregon vs Texas Tech should be an easy sweep but then Oklahoma State and Baylor, the two Big 12 championship game participants this year, will come up, I don't know which home and home series will be harder but if we hire Dave Aranda the Baylor one will get pretty interesting even tho it's the last one.

I was thinking the Michigan State one would have been a sweep in our favor until MSU became pretty decent this year, and then the most anticipated one is the Ohio State rematch series, with their second ever visit to Eugene.

So what do you think of our future opponents, would you like to change them or keep some or all?
greenyellow

Re: Opinion on the future schedules

Post by greenyellow »

They're not really scheduling cupcakes completely on purpose; other teams have to be willing to travel and play, which is an issue with many ACC and SEC teams.
duck023
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck023 »

I feel like easy non conference schedules are better if you play 9 conference games. If I was the Duck's I'd play 1 D2 team, 1 MAC team, 1 ACC or Big 12 team. Oregon's had a rough non conference schedule and next year will be tougher because BYU might actually match up worse with Oregon than Georgia.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Honestly, and this isn't being snarky, but I would schedule all cupcakes I could muster. Not to be a dick but...........

Cincinnati paving the way:
vs
Miami (OH)
vs
Murray State
@
Indiana
@
9 Notre Dame
Temple
@
Navy
@
Tulane

Tulsa
@
South Florida
SMU
@
East Carolina
vs
Houston

Sorry, but that schedule is a flipping joke. Oregon would have gone undefeated with that schedule to. Why schedule an Ohio St if you can instead schedule Portland St and slide right into the playoffs?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Our current scheduling is fine and it keeps us open to whatever changes in the Playoff or Alliance occur. My guess is nothing for next year on both fronts.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I wanted to know all the opinions on the 3 Big 12 opponents we scheduled, I think Oklahoma State is the best one.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

If there's any year we can make the playoffs, it's 2023, what an easy non-conference schedule we have that year.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

DuckzRule wrote:I wanted to know all the opinions on the 3 Big 12 opponents we scheduled, I think Oklahoma State is the best one.
Playing Mike Gundy will be fun for the sound-bites and his mullet.

Baylor's river is even dirtier than both the McKenzie and Willamette combined.

DeRuyter at Texas Tech makes this a little more interesting, same if Shough is the QB for that game.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Hopefully we can actually schedule Alabama someday, even tho the meeting will most likely only happen in the CFP (as long as we get a good coach)
thatbpguy
Four Star Recruit

Post by thatbpguy »

DuckzRule wrote:Hopefully we can actually schedule Alabama someday, even tho the meeting will most likely only happen in the CFP (as long as we get a good coach)
I'm torn on scheduling. It's easy if I have a poor program and need to build it up. All NC games would be against tomato cans.

But a team like Oregon I would try and make my first game against a sissy team to get the timing down. Then game 2 against a traditional top 25 team. Game 3 is another sissy team to rest players if need be before conference games.

The BCS has made it loud and clear that strength of schedule will not be taken into account.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

QuackininBama wrote:Honestly, and this isn't being snarky, but I would schedule all cupcakes I could muster. Not to be a dick but...........

Cincinnati paving the way:
vs
Miami (OH)
vs
Murray State
@
Indiana
@
9 Notre Dame
Temple
@
Navy
@
Tulane

Tulsa
@
South Florida
SMU
@
East Carolina
vs
Houston

Sorry, but that schedule is a flipping joke. Oregon would have gone undefeated with that schedule to. Why schedule an Ohio St if you can instead schedule Portland St and slide right into the playoffs?
Not to mention that CIN even struggled to win against some of those cupcakes...
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Why do I want a TCU home and home series? Maybe to get revenge?