Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:Walter was going to have a monster senior year and was on the way to becoming a 1st round pick before he tore his ACL on a kickoff return. Hope he can stay healthy. I've heard Seahawk fans saying that he's going to make Browner expendable.
Thurmond and Trufant were the starters before they both got hurt a few years back. DBs Coach Kris Richard was asked about Antoine Winfield being cut and he stated that he "ran up against Walter." Everyone up in Searathole loves to talk about the Super Bowl against Denver and while that talk is very premature, the Hawks secondary could match up very well against Denver.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Watching the Rams-Niners game tonight made me realize that Kyle and Chris Long will play against one another this year on Nov 24. IIRC Kyle is playing RG right now which would see him matched up at times against his brother who plays LE.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Kiko with 2 more picks, he's really playing well so far. My broncos whooping on Chip 52-13 in the fourth.
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Maehl with 2 catches so far, one for a touchdown!
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Kiki is running away with the DROY award. Really awesome to see him succeeding like this after where he was at only a couple years ago.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

LeGarrette with a 47 yard td run
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Kiki is running away with the DROY award. Really awesome to see him succeeding like this after where he was at only a couple years ago.
Kiko always had the potential to be an absolutely dominating LB. He has the size and speed to play MLB for 3 downs which is quite unheard of in this day of NFL passing attacks and really grew into his own over the 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 seasons in Eugene. Really glad that Chip stuck with him through is issues with booze. Crazy how many recent Duck defenders have made names for themselves, especially given how little attention the defense gets. Looking at the guys we have now on D, you have to think that quite a few of them will be on NFL rosters and making an impact in the upcoming seasons.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

Spencer 7 tackles, 1 sack and recovered a fumlbe. By the way Kiko recovered a fumble in week 1 and has at least one pick in the other three games.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Kiko is truly lighting them up. Really happy for him. Can you imagine what life would have been like for LGB as well as Kiko if Chip would have kicked them off the team as many wanted him to (even many on this board wanted them gone)? I'm guessing they both are very thankful every day for what they have.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 2220.story
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Kiko is truly lighting them up. Really happy for him. Can you imagine what life would have been like for LGB as well as Kiko if Chip would have kicked them off the team as many wanted him to (even many on this board wanted them gone)? I'm guessing they both are very thankful every day for what they have.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/rave ... 2220.story
Yeah everytime I watch Buffalo play, or see their boxscore, Kiko is really standing out. That's awesome for him!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

For those who didn't see (like me), Blount's 47 yard TD:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-high ... 47-yard-TD

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The saints have been lighting up the dolphins D so Dion Jordan hasn't done much but he did just catch Pierre Thomas from behind in the open filed. Pretty impressive.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Notice people starting to hype up about Kiki now, #TheLegendofKikoAlonso

And funny tweet I saw today

"Some jerk in the mall just made a pass at my wife. Luckily, it was intercepted by Kiko Alonso"

Lol there's more in twitter :)
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The saints have been lighting up the dolphins D so Dion Jordan hasn't done much but he did just catch Pierre Thomas from behind in the open filed. Pretty impressive.
I watched for him on every play on defense and they certainly didn't play him as much as I expected. They need to get their crap together on the offensive line if they expect to win games.
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »