Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Duck07 wrote:Marcus and the Titans are looking so good in camp right now that DeMarco Murray hasn't practiced in a week due to a hamstring and Corey Davis is out with a slight strain and the attitude is like "yea, whatever."

While the Davis pick was somewhat of a no-brainer for a team in need a WR1, drafting Taywan Taylor and Eric Decker signing right now are huge. Add in that last years 5th rounder Tajae Sharpe isn't practicing either and the team overhauled its WR corp to the point that two guys are out and its not an issue.

The biggest weaknesses I see is a lack of ILB depth and TE depth. Jonnu Smith looks to be another solid draft choice but he's not an NFL blocker, yet. Erik Walden gives the team better depth at OLB than a year ago and everyone in the secondary, especially Kevin Byard have stepped up. Adoree will be the teams returner to start and he's fighting for the Slot CB position right now. He's even made a few plays when put in against the first team.

If they get through the first 6 games of the season at 4-2, they might get to 10 wins or more this season.
Excited for Marcus and the titans this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Marcus and the Titans are looking so good in camp right now that DeMarco Murray hasn't practiced in a week due to a hamstring and Corey Davis is out with a slight strain and the attitude is like "yea, whatever."

While the Davis pick was somewhat of a no-brainer for a team in need a WR1, drafting Taywan Taylor and Eric Decker signing right now are huge. Add in that last years 5th rounder Tajae Sharpe isn't practicing either and the team overhauled its WR corp to the point that two guys are out and its not an issue.

The biggest weaknesses I see is a lack of ILB depth and TE depth. Jonnu Smith looks to be another solid draft choice but he's not an NFL blocker, yet. Erik Walden gives the team better depth at OLB than a year ago and everyone in the secondary, especially Kevin Byard have stepped up. Adoree will be the teams returner to start and he's fighting for the Slot CB position right now. He's even made a few plays when put in against the first team.

If they get through the first 6 games of the season at 4-2, they might get to 10 wins or more this season.
Excited for Marcus and the titans this year.
Yup, I have been following their practices also, things are buzzing in Tennessee and Marcus appears close to 100% at this point. I hope I get more televised games this season.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Baylis had 3 catches for 24 yards last night for the Texans
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Marcus being Marcus:
bigbenp
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigbenp »

greenyellow wrote:Marcus being Marcus:
No doubt. I got to catch up with him at a Titan's signing event near my house. He said "Woah" (yeah, I'm that over 40 guy with a jersey on...). I asked him to him to sign an RG sports extra page after taking down Stanford at home in November 2014. Made my day. The Titans staff was unamused.

Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

That's awesome!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

So Christian French (who happens to be on that signed paper) recovered a Kellen Clemens fumble and took it to the 1 yard line today in the Seahawks-Chargers romp.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:So Christian French (who happens to be on that signed paper) recovered a Kellen Clemens fumble and took it to the 1 yard line today in the Seahawks-Chargers romp.
Yeah he looked pretty solid in there tonight, picking up a sack later in the game. I did a double take when they said his name and had to double check that it was Christian French from Oregon bc I don't remember him making any sort if impact in his time here. Good for him though.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck24 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:So Christian French (who happens to be on that signed paper) recovered a Kellen Clemens fumble and took it to the 1 yard line today in the Seahawks-Chargers romp.
Yeah he looked pretty solid in there tonight, picking up a sack later in the game. I did a double take when they said his name and had to double check that it was Christian French from Oregon bc I don't remember him making any sort if impact in his time here. Good for him though.
It's hard to make an impact or improve with Pellum at the helm. He always had the freakish ability, just not the development.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

It's quite frustrating when people say we don't have talent on defense as an excuse when see teams with far less talent play solid D. Boise State,I'm looking at you. So poorly managed.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

Marcus looked pretty good today! Two series, scored 10 points one td pass. One oddity, a fan called the first two plays for he Titans. The first was a long pass completion, the second was a zone read that Marcus kept for 8 yards. Can’t believe they would run him coming off that injury. He had to slide to avoid a big hit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya Marcus looked good, should be a good year for the Titans. Kellen had 99 yards passing tonight
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:Marcus being Marcus:
Marcus is a stud

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »