greenyellow

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by greenyellow »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

greenyellow wrote:
Now that could be something to cheer about!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
Sweet! I don't know if it will help with four OC's in four years, but its still nice to see.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:

Gives me a reason to try Killer Burger. Never had one, but still chasing the perfect burger! Lol
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Pre-Combine Draft Grades - http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Ugo Amadi - No Grade - Likely needs time in developmental league
Justin Hollins - 5.31 - NFL Backup or special teams potential
Jalen Jelks - 5.53 - Chance to become NFL starter
Dillon Mitchell - No Grade - Likely needs time in developmental league

Of the 211, only 16 have above 6.2 or higher and Jelks is on the low end of the "chance to become NFL starter." Hollins and Mitchell are the ones who can increase their stock the most here from the testing and workouts.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Duck07 wrote:Pre-Combine Draft Grades - http://www.nfl.com/combine/participants

Ugo Amadi - No Grade - Likely needs time in developmental league
Justin Hollins - 5.31 - NFL Backup or special teams potential
Jalen Jelks - 5.53 - Chance to become NFL starter
Dillon Mitchell - No Grade - Likely needs time in developmental league

Of the 211, only 16 have above 6.2 or higher and Jelks is on the low end of the "chance to become NFL starter." Hollins and Mitchell are the ones who can increase their stock the most here from the testing and workouts.
Thanks for sharing, I read through their scouting and I can't really disagree with any of that.

They gave Mitchell (5.39) and Amadi (5.34) back-up or special teams grades as well. A little surprised to see both above Hollins. If Hollins is as fast as tested at Oregon then he should have a chance to bump up that rating.

What was most interesting is there evaluation of Mitchell and they also took a subtle hit at our WR coaching. Maybe we were right about Michael Johnson's coaching. They call out Mitchell for laziness and lack of discipline:
"It's not a secret over there. He doesn't put the time in for his hands or in the weight room; he doesn't always take the coaching. He has some talent, but he has to grow up and take this serious." - NFC west coast scout
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Some combine results, as Mitchell, Hollins, and Jelks have gone through the combine with Amadi going tomorrow.

40 times and heights/weights:

Mitchell 6'1 197: 4.46

Hollins 6'5" 248: 4.50

Jelks: 6'5" 256: 4.92

The star has been Justin Hollins. His 40 time was second in the position group behind Miss State's Montez Sweat who ran the fastest time for a DE since 2003. Hollins put up an impressive 25 reps at 225, which was tied for third. He also had a top-4 vertical. Hollins is about to get a huge draft bump.

Hollins' time would have been fourth if he was in the LB group, and he's got about 4 inches and 20-30 pounds on those guys. His time would have tied for the best among TEs, with a guy who is a little shorter. I can't help but wonder if we should have tried Hollins at TE, although he was fantastic for us as the rush OLB.

Jalen Jelks is not looking too great. He measured in virtually the same size as Hollins while running one of the slowest times and putting up 19 reps on the bench despite being so top heavy. His stock is probably going to fall.

Mitchell's 40 time was 14th among WR but after the 4.3x group they're bunched pretty close together. It's not a bad time, and I wouldn't have been surprised if it was slower. He was fairly average in all the other tests. I think if he impresses in interviews and pass catching drills he can go rounds 3-4.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

Dee Ford was traded to the Niners. Hopefully this helps open up more opportunities for Buckner. Not sure what it means for Armstead.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2624 ... ource-says
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Weston
Three Star Recruit

Post by Weston »

Kenjon got a job and some good bucks: https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/0 ... lcons.html
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

According to this report, Mariota was more beat up than previously know. We knew about his ulnar nerve and stinger but we didn't know about the cracked vertebra, strained oblique, and torn plantar fascia. Titans have done him wrong by not getting better receivers and OL to help out. If I were him, I'd go somewhere else that's better run and knows how to put together a roster and offense.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Wow! I'm close to saying Marcus is injury prone, although he has been though a bunch with OC's, HC's and O line. I hope he can get pass this stuff........ and yes he is rich so....... good for him! I couldn't be happier for the kid! The Ducks best representative of all time! Sorry Joey! Lol
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Aren't the injuries a typical problem for a QB that is a high draft pick? Usually a team gets a top choice because they suck. Seems a QB is better off going in the late first round to a team with talent. Maybe not as many dollars but plenty to set them up for life and they can walk at age 50.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

And although last season his OC was a respected coach, Marcus was sacked 11 times in one game. Maybe they should’ve shut it down that day to protect his body for the crucial final games? Maybe max protect or alter the play calling? If Brady got sacked 11 times linemen, offensive players and coaches would be looking over their shoulders wondering if they’d lose their jobs
Marcus still has lots to learn but the Titans have had zero consistency from the top down his entire career