Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Re: Ex-Ducks NFL Status

Post by ducks5ever »

I doubt it's going to happen, but it'd be nice if Ifo could reunite with Mariota in Tennessee. That'd be pretty cool, especially since the Titans desperately need help at corner, but I guess Ifo just isn't a hot commodity anymore :(
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

From what I read Ifo is done. Just to much damage to ever play at the NFL level.
htghunterray
High School Drop Out

Post by htghunterray »

QuackininBama wrote:From what I read Ifo is done. Just to much damage to ever play at the NFL level.
If so, I feel so so sorry for the man. He was one of the most complete CB's Oregon has ever had. He could have started but now he will never have the chance.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

QuackininBama wrote:From what I read Ifo is done. Just to much damage to ever play at the NFL level.
Odd, the Oregonian just published a story on Ifo last week and said he was cleared to go full speed, and that it was just getting his head right trusting the knee to be able to take the pressure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Sean Payton says they are cutting Byrd. For whatever reason he was never the same player for the saints. I'd personally love to see he land with Seattle, since Earl may not be ready to go the first part of the season.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

WOuld the Titans go after him?
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Sean Payton says they are cutting Byrd. For whatever reason he was never the same player for the saints. I'd personally love to see he land with Seattle, since Earl may not be ready to go the first part of the season.
Would be awesome if the Rams picked up Byrd. We need some help at Safety.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

Miami Dolphins waive former No. 3 pick Dion Jordan

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ion-jordan
ArkansasDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by ArkansasDuck »

Mariota gets a shiny new toy to play with via the NFL Draft #5 pick Corey Davis! I'm tickled. Wish they would've added OJ Howard at 18 but Adoree Jackson can help at CB AND as a returner so I'm not too mad. I love Davis and I think he was the safest of the 3 big WR's. Williams can't separate, Ross can't stay healthy and is tiny, Davis has had concentration drops and played against weaker competition but the dude is a beast. Marcus has to be smiling
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Ifo apparently got a tryout with the Giants. In other news, Johnny Ragin signed a contract with the Titans. If he could get something going... Ifo has to be able to have a shot especially with the Titans secondary....

So is he fully healthy or is he healthy but not in the same as his Oregon form?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ducks5ever wrote:Ifo apparently got a tryout with the Giants. In other news, Johnny Ragin signed a contract with the Titans. If he could get something going... Ifo has to be able to have a shot especially with the Titans secondary....

I met Ifo yesterday at my physical therapy location. He was working out his knee. Got to say hi briefly!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:Ifo apparently got a tryout with the Giants. In other news, Johnny Ragin signed a contract with the Titans. If he could get something going... Ifo has to be able to have a shot especially with the Titans secondary....

I met Ifo yesterday at my physical therapy location. He was working out his knee. Got to say hi briefly!
He lives in Portland?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

He lives in Portland?
I'm not sure, but he's definitely doing his training in Hillsboro.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Glad to see LGB landed a spot in Philly. Hope he can continue putting up decent numbers next season.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Marcus and the Titans are looking so good in camp right now that DeMarco Murray hasn't practiced in a week due to a hamstring and Corey Davis is out with a slight strain and the attitude is like "yea, whatever."

While the Davis pick was somewhat of a no-brainer for a team in need a WR1, drafting Taywan Taylor and Eric Decker signing right now are huge. Add in that last years 5th rounder Tajae Sharpe isn't practicing either and the team overhauled its WR corp to the point that two guys are out and its not an issue.

The biggest weaknesses I see is a lack of ILB depth and TE depth. Jonnu Smith looks to be another solid draft choice but he's not an NFL blocker, yet. Erik Walden gives the team better depth at OLB than a year ago and everyone in the secondary, especially Kevin Byard have stepped up. Adoree will be the teams returner to start and he's fighting for the Slot CB position right now. He's even made a few plays when put in against the first team.

If they get through the first 6 games of the season at 4-2, they might get to 10 wins or more this season.