Coaches VS Players Basketball Game

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Coaches VS Players Basketball Game

Post by scoducks »

If anyone didn't get to watch the halftime show, heres the link to the game.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1dRKZXOyOmXJB

Herbert swats Taggart :lol:
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Coaches VS Players Basketball Game

Post by Phenom »

Awesome! hahaha Winston and Ty Griffin can ball. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/goducks/videos ... 526029706/
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Thanks for posting link
dwysywd
One Star Recruit

Post by dwysywd »

Didn't see the score, who won?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words" - Willie Taggart
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

I don't know that any score was kept, but it certainly looked to me that the players easily "won."

I'm also pretty sure Cristobal was introduced with the rest of the coaches, even though his hiring still hasn't officially been announced by the UO.
Bigducker
Freshman

Post by Bigducker »

I think it was great for the recruits to see. The energy and fun Taggart and the other coaches bring. I’m sure that left a good impression.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Greenblood wrote:I don't know that any score was kept, but it certainly looked to me that the players easily "won."

I'm also pretty sure Cristobal was introduced with the rest of the coaches, even though his hiring still hasn't officially been announced by the UO.
Cristobal was there yeah. And Gilbertson was announced as a GA and Reaves as TE coach so still lacking QB coach.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

When they interviewed Willie during the b-ball game he said that the "majority" of his staff was in place.

Also said, "Recruiting is like brushing your teeth or combing your hair, as soon as you stop you start to look bad."
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

I don't know about you guys, but the way all the coaches actually control their twitter accounts makes you feel way more connected with whats going on with the team than before. It's unreal how the previous staff never used social media or connected with the community like this.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phenom wrote:Awesome! hahaha Winston and Ty Griffin can ball. :lol:

https://www.facebook.com/goducks/videos ... 526029706/
Thanks for the link, Facebook worked great. Fun times and Big Joe looked like he was loving it. Taggart is so different than Helf in every way, says he's going to pump as much info to the fans as he can, fans are needed for the team to succeed and are part of the team. We have gotten more info from Willie and staff in a few months then all the years of Chip and Helf combined.

Because of all the info and fan excitement do we allow an extra loss or two? Today yes, November maybe not. This is fun!
DuckedUp
High School Drop Out

Post by DuckedUp »

I thought it was a great move by Taggart. Not only built some cohesion between players and coaches but also was a good bonding opportunity for the coaching staff as well. Love what WT is doing!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

scoducks wrote:If anyone didn't get to watch the halftime show, heres the link to the game.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1dRKZXOyOmXJB

Herbert swats Taggart :lol:
Herbert goes to the bottom of the depth chart? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Just another example of the energy Taggart and Co are bringing to the program. Something as menial as a scrub'ish pickup basketball game and everyone was completely into it. I mean how many of us watched an 8 minute video of that? Goes back to his introductory press conference where he said something along the lines of "we are gonna have a lot of fun but we are also gonna put in a lot of work." In terms of the game, Jake Hanson's shot :lol: Luckily he is a damn good center.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

One thing I noticed was there was very little guarding and contact, also no one tried to stuff. I wonder if Willie had some game rules before tipoff. It was a fantastic move by Willie, really brought the new staff together, did anyone notice in the pregame huddle for the coaches how big a smile big Joe had on his face?