2017 Schedule Released

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Re: 2017 Schedule Released

Post by Groundswell »

On the positive tip for the Wyoming game, they were ranked #122 in total defense last year. Only 4 spots ahead of us.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

My crazy uncle once fought a match in Casper after having trained on the oregon coast, he was fine for the first minute, lol.

When I worked in Rocky MNP living at 8000 and constantly going above 12000 it took me a few days to get used to it. In a few weeks though I felt I was running some of the fastest 2-3 miles that I had ever run. One of the guys I worked with definitely got altitude sickness just being at 8000.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ifuwant2 wrote:On the positive tip for the Wyoming game, they were ranked #122 in total defense last year. Only 4 spots ahead of us.
They also did something that apparently we can't seem to do-beat Boise State.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:My crazy uncle once fought a match in Casper after having trained on the oregon coast, he was fine for the first minute, lol.

When I worked in Rocky MNP living at 8000 and constantly going above 12000 it took me a few days to get used to it. In a few weeks though I felt I was running some of the fastest 2-3 miles that I had ever run. One of the guys I worked with definitely got altitude sickness just being at 8000.
I lived in Oregon for almost all my life in the Willamette valley at an altitude of under 500'. When we moved to Wyoming 10 years ago the first thing that I noticed was how short of breath I was just doing minor exertion stuff. It will be an issue for most of the team by the second half.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
dougts
One Star Recruit

Re: 2016 Schedule Released

Post by dougts »

ifuwant2 wrote:For an "easy" schedule, that's pretty rough. Bye week at the end of our season and before two of the most winnable games. 3 toughest home games, Nebraska, WSU, Utah, I would favor us in each game but could certainly see a loss or two. Our three toughest games period are all on the road, UW, Stanford, UCLA. I don't think we'll lose 5 games, but it's not hard to find four losses on the schedule.
they stacked our 5 toughest conference games all in a row with no Bye. the bye is near useless because it's pretty late, and it's right after our toughest stretch and leads into our easiest stretch.

I still say 8-4 with a shot to go 9-3. 7-5 could happen if injuries bite or new system adjustments are painful.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

ifuwant2 wrote:For an "easy" schedule, that's pretty rough. Bye week at the end of our season and before two of the most winnable games. 3 toughest home games, Nebraska, WSU, Utah, I would favor us in each game but could certainly see a loss or two. Our three toughest games period are all on the road, UW, Stanford, UCLA. I don't think we'll lose 5 games, but it's not hard to find four losses on the schedule.
Yeah our road schedule isn't great. But overall not a bad schedule. We have both Wazzu and Utah at home. We need to finally beat them both.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Yeah our road schedule isn't great. But overall not a bad schedule. We have both Wazzu and Utah at home. We need to finally beat them both.
Surprisingly, we beat Utah this year. :lol:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
Surprisingly, we beat Utah this year. :lol:
I'm still not sure how they pulled that off and then lost to OSU.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

StevensTechU wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
Stadium is also 7,000+ feet above sea level so conditioning is going to be huge.
Too soon
Yeah, the comment was only partly in jest.