Four Star Recruit

Re: 2016 Schedule Released

Post by Ducks10 »

USC doesn't even have a bye week
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Some potential to start 6-0. I could see 7-3 and closing strong to finish 9-3.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

For an "easy" schedule, that's pretty rough. Bye week at the end of our season and before two of the most winnable games. 3 toughest home games, Nebraska, WSU, Utah, I would favor us in each game but could certainly see a loss or two. Our three toughest games period are all on the road, UW, Stanford, UCLA. I don't think we'll lose 5 games, but it's not hard to find four losses on the schedule.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ifuwant2 wrote:For an "easy" schedule, that's pretty rough. Bye week at the end of our season and before two of the most winnable games. 3 toughest home games, Nebraska, WSU, Utah, I would favor us in each game but could certainly see a loss or two. Our three toughest games period are all on the road, UW, Stanford, UCLA. I don't think we'll lose 5 games, but it's not hard to find four losses on the schedule.
Depends how you look at it. I only see one "for sure" loss and that's UW. Lots of toss ups and unknowns.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

BTW, why do we play Wyoming away? lol
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Makes no sense, home and aways with G5 teams are terrible from a financial standpoint. We'd be better off just playing Portland State.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:BTW, why do we play Wyoming away? lol
That's a trap game for sure after a marquee game against Nebraska. I believe this is the result of previous Big 5 blackouts from UGA and TAMu
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Duck07 wrote:
That's a trap game for sure after a marquee game against Nebraska. I believe this is the result of previous Big 5 blackouts from UGA and TAMu
Don't they have NDSU's really successful coach too? I think they also have a legitimate NFL prospect at QB. Could get interesting...
PChung15
One Star Recruit

Post by PChung15 »

Duck24 wrote:No bye week until November. Yikes.
2017 buddy
chipkellysballs
Two Star Recruit

Post by chipkellysballs »

Prediction: W, W, W, W, W, W, L, W, L, L, W, W

Wyoming is losing their best player, record setting junior RB, to the NFL and lost their best assistant coach to a HC job so I think we'll be fine there. I'm back and forth on whether we'll beat Nebraska though I think we should. Also I think somewhere in game 4-6 we take an unexpected loss. 8-4
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Phenom wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Don't they have NDSU's really successful coach too? I think they also have a legitimate NFL prospect at QB. Could get interesting...
Yes and yes. QB is supposed legit first round talent and coach was at NDSU at the start of their championship run.

Stadium is also 7,000+ feet above sea level so conditioning is going to be huge. It's the definition of a trap game.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Duck24 wrote:
Stadium is also 7,000+ feet above sea level so conditioning is going to be huge.
Too soon
greenyellow

Re: 2017 Schedule Released

Post by greenyellow »

For a team that may have some depth problems, I'm not really liking the fact their bye is coming so late in the season. I'd rather have it in like mid-October. I'm also really wary of the Wyoming game since it's so early in the season, the altitude is going to be an issue, and it's a high risk-low reward type of game.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

I certainly hope our coaching staff and team show up in Laramie ready to play or Wyoming will beat us. They were a pretty good team last year and Craig Bohl is a great coach. Don't short sell them.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine