Possible replacements for Reaves

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Possible replacements for Reaves

Post by greenyellow »

So now that Reaves is gone, who you think will replace him? Two of the more popular names I've seen thrown around are David Gilbertson (coached TEs at USF before moving to offensive analyst) and TJ Weist (former OC/passing game coordinator at USF who has coached TEs at a previous stop early in his career.) Others have said Taggart should check out Osbourne.
brich75
Senior

Re: Possible replacements for Reaves

Post by brich75 »

greenyellow wrote:So now that Reaves is gone, who you think will replace him? Two of the more popular names I've seen thrown around are David Gilbertson (coached TEs at USF before moving to offensive analyst) and TJ Weist (former OC/passing game coordinator at USF who has coached TEs at a previous stop early in his career.) Others have said Taggart should check out Osbourne.
Chip Kelly in 3...2..1. Lol
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

brich75 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:So now that Reaves is gone, who you think will replace him? Two of the more popular names I've seen thrown around are David Gilbertson (coached TEs at USF before moving to offensive analyst) and TJ Weist (former OC/passing game coordinator at USF who has coached TEs at a previous stop early in his career.) Others have said Taggart should check out Osbourne.

Don't start that $hit up again, :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

Don't think Osbourne will get a look. I'm fairly certain he's still in town, but I doubt Taggart will be looking to bring anyone back.

My guess is Weist. Mainly because of the OC/PGC experience.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Coaching Vacancy

Post by AutzenMember »

If everything shakes out like it appears, Coach T will need a TE/passing game coordinator. Cristobal can be the sole OC, or a new hire could be a co-OC. Or, some shuffling of the current staff could make room for another position coach? Anybody have any thoughts on who WT would pursue? Who's available? Who is a good fit/home run hire? If the right person is put into place, from a recruiting and coaching perspective, this could be a positive if the next hire is better than Reaves. Or, did WT go for Reaves (from USF) because the pool of candidates for this role is minimal right now (which would indicate we won't be able to do better)? It seems like all the momentum this staff has created could expose some interest with coaches who previously weren't interested (one could hope!)

Thoughts?

EDIT: (Looks like while I was typing this, another thread was started...thanks to the mod for moving it over!)
Last edited by AutzenMember on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I know that's a total pipe dream, but man, maybe we need a no-nonsense guy like Chip who nobody would need to worry about.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I bet it's a big name, and a great recruiter. I also bet they get the 3rd degree before they are hired. Whom ever it is. Also I would bet that there is a coaches and players meeting soon addressing bad decisions
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Bellotti was a TE coach at one time lol.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

brich75 wrote:I bet it's a big name, and a great recruiter. I also bet they get the 3rd degree before they are hired. Whom ever it is. Also I would bet that there is a coaches and players meeting soon addressing bad decisions
I think it's certain that a meeting will be held, we can't have this garbage happening. We need to be more buttoned up, I think we'll see that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

David Yost? :lol:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Has he landed anywhere yet? He seemed like one of Helf's better hires.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

pezsez1 wrote:
Has he landed anywhere yet? He seemed like one of Helf's better hires.
He was hired by Utah State on 12/30 as OC.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Chip wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea as long as it's understood that he's just coming back for a year or two before returning the NFL, which is what everyone says he wants. He wouldn't have to do anything but run the offense because everyone else can handle recruiting. Obviously there are dangers, but it's not a guaranteed failure imo.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Handsome Dan wrote:Chip wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea as long as it's understood that he's just coming back for a year or two before returning the NFL, which is what everyone says he wants. He wouldn't have to do anything but run the offense because everyone else can handle recruiting. Obviously there are dangers, but it's not a guaranteed failure imo.
I like the way you think. Also because you're not down with HFCS.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

5$ wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:Chip wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea as long as it's understood that he's just coming back for a year or two before returning the NFL, which is what everyone says he wants. He wouldn't have to do anything but run the offense because everyone else can handle recruiting. Obviously there are dangers, but it's not a guaranteed failure imo.
I like the way you think. Also because you're not down with HFCS.
The latter is what's important imo; everything else is secondary really. :3