Oregon Spring Game (April 29 Sat 11:00 AM PT, Pac-12 Net)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Oregon Spring Game (April 29 Sat 11:00 AM PT, Pac-12 Net)

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Should be interesting to see how WT runs spring games.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Oregon Spring Game (April 29 Sat 11:00 AM PT, Pac-12 Net

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Soooo sick of these 11am spring games. Nearly impossible to get the family packed up, parked and situated in time coming down from portland
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I'll be making the trip from Portland for it and the softball game afterwards vs the Beavers. It will be third year a row for the double header for me and my family, has been good time the first two years with two win's and two sunny days.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

11am... super tight. Once again the Pac12 Network is screwing over the conference.

I wish the Pac12 would have straight partnered with Fox or ESPN like the SEC & B10 did. But noooo Larry Scott HAD to have his own network that sucks ballz.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

justducky0 wrote:11am... super tight. Once again the Pac12 Network is screwing over the conference.

I wish the Pac12 would have straight partnered with Fox or ESPN like the SEC & B10 did. But noooo Larry Scott HAD to have his own network that sucks ballz.
I think the Pac-12 network is awesome and well worth the money I pay for it. I like that I can see a good percentage of Ducks sports besides football and basketball.
Also the time of the game might be as much the Ducks doing as it is the network. Oregon always packages a baseball or softball game that day. Scheduling the game any later in the day would mess up the other game scheduled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Uness you have directTV...then you can't see any of those games on the p12 Network which is a travesty.
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

justducky0 wrote:Uness you have directTV...then you can't see any of those games on the p12 Network which is a travesty.
+1
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

I wonder how many fans will turn out? I didn't go to the last two because I let other things get in the way. This year I'll probably get there way early, screw the 11 am start. Does it count as a game for tailgating purposes? I mean it's literally called the "Spring Game," and it's collegiate football scheduled at Autzen Stadium (Referring to the PLAIN LANGUAGE of Eugene Code § 4.190(4)):
4.190 Consumption or Possession in Unlicensed Public Places Prohibited.
(4) During a period commencing four hours before the start of a scheduled collegiate football game at Autzen Stadium and when the game is completed, malt beverages and alcoholic liquors may be drunk or consumed:
(a) In the state-owned parking lots immediately adjacent to Autzen Stadium; and
(b) On property extended for use as a parking facility not covered by subsection (4)(a) and located within the area bounded as depicted on the map 4.190(4)(b) appended to this chapter and attached to the ordinance amending this provision, provided the responsible person, who may be the property owner or person with authority over parking operations on the property, has posted signs at each entrance to the property and distributes to each driver using the property a handbill, containing the following language:
1. It is illegal to consume alcoholic liquor or possess an open alcoholic beverage container in a public place or on private property extended to the public for use;
2. An exemption is provided for the consumption of alcoholic beverages on this property during the time period commencing four hours before the start of a scheduled collegiate football game at Autzen Stadium and ending when the game is completed;
3. The exemption applies only to the parking area on this property;
4. Providing alcohol to minors and consumption of alcohol by minors is prohibited;
5. The sale of alcohol is prohibited;
6. Disorderly conduct will not be tolerated; and
7. Persons violating the law or creating a nuisance are subject to eviction and loss of parking privileges pursuant to the authority of the property owner or parking lot operator. The type-face for the signs shall be clear and legible and use a type-face with letters at least two inches high. The type-face for the handbills shall be clear and legible and use at least a 12 point font. The exemption authorized by this subsection (b) applies only to property of responsible persons, who may be property owners or persons with authority over parking operations on the property, who have requested the exemption using a form developed by the City. The request form shall require the property address where the exemption will apply, the name of the responsible person, and the mailing address for the responsible person. It shall be the responsible person’s obligation to update the mailing address by informing the City of any changes. Exemptions are not transferable.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

justducky0 wrote:Uness you have directTV...then you can't see any of those games on the p12 Network which is a travesty.
Are you not allowed to get Dish network or Comcast? I find Dish to be a better bargain than Direct TV and like the service better to boot.

Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Are you not allowed to get Dish network or Comcast? I find Dish to be a better bargain than Direct TV and like the service better to boot.

+1, dish network carries PAC 12 network, love it. Last I heard Direct tv hadn't come to terms with the PAC 12, has that changed?

I'll be in my recliner watching the 50" HD so no troubles with travel. For the folks bringing family down from Portland it might be worth a hotel room, let the kids enjoy a indoor pool the night before the game
GoDucksGo2000
One Star Recruit

Post by GoDucksGo2000 »

alabamaduck wrote:
+1
+2. And Hey a fellow Alabama Duck from Bham!
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

duckduckgoose wrote:

To be honest both providers are kinda crap. I like the PAC12 network but Comcast is one of the worst companies to deal with and Dish isn't much better.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

DirecTV was bought out by AT&T and AT&T is a big sponsor of the Pac-12. I thought there would be a deal done by now.
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Got Comcast (in tn) and we had to get a sports package but get to watch pac12 network. Thankful for the network
TualatinDuck
Senior

Post by TualatinDuck »

I usually park at Alto Benton. Anyone up for a little tail gate before the game?
"And I can be the warrior for those who are frail and weak,
And I can be the compass for those that search and seek." ~Lem Absher