Marcus Arroyo Passing Game Co & QB Coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Marcus Arroyo Passing Game Co & QB Coach

Post by greenyellow »

Based on this interview, it looks like he'll fit right in with Taggart's No Excuses motto.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

hjpop
Four Star Recruit

Post by hjpop »

Love that enthusiasm!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:It'll be interesting to see what his official titles will be since they seem to depend on the source you're reading. Seems like he was a great asset to OSU so hopefully can be that way at Oregon.
Works for me.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

All the OSU fans I have seen are really upset about it. Looks like this is a pretty big upgrade.
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

UofO8 wrote:All the OSU fans I have seen are really upset about it. Looks like this is a pretty big upgrade.

Taggert just keeps winning even when he loses he wins. Now for Craig to fly out and commit providing us with arguably the best recruiting and coaching staff in the Pac.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I love the hire, I agree with the folks who think he is an upgrade. I know there is a couple of threads going on him, so I may have missed it........ any idea what lured him from Stillwater to Eugene? I not sure of his coaching responsibilities at OSU, was it that simple?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Alan wrote:I love the hire, I agree with the folks who think he is an upgrade. I know there is a couple of threads going on him, so I may have missed it........ any idea what lured him from Stillwater to Eugene? I not sure of his coaching responsibilities at OSU, was it that simple?
He was running backs coach. He has family on the west coast. He played qb at San Jose state. Coached there and at Cal. His wife went to Southern Oregon as well. He is one of my favorite hires.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

From what I've been told, he was the guy WT wanted the entire time as qb coach. He was going after him regardless of the other coaches leaving or getting fired.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

duckfan22 wrote:
Alan wrote:I love the hire, I agree with the folks who think he is an upgrade. I know there is a couple of threads going on him, so I may have missed it........ any idea what lured him from Stillwater to Eugene? I not sure of his coaching responsibilities at OSU, was it that simple?
He was running backs coach. He has family on the west coast. He played qb at San Jose state. Coached there and at Cal. His wife went to Southern Oregon as well. He is one of my favorite hires.
Thanks, it's nice to have a guy with solid recruiting ties to Oklahoma and Texas, along with another coach with California experience. Great hire!
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

srsmiley007 wrote:
UofO8 wrote:All the OSU fans I have seen are really upset about it. Looks like this is a pretty big upgrade.

Taggert just keeps winning even when he loses he wins. Now for Craig to fly out and commit providing us with arguably the best recruiting and coaching staff in the Pac.
We easily have the best recruiting staff in the PAC, right? Coaching...we'll see. Is September here yet? This might be one of the longest offseasons I will have to endure. Also, I already want it to be February 2018 just to see if we crack the top ten in recruiting, which I anticipate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

duxforlyfe wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:

We easily have the best recruiting staff in the PAC, right? Coaching...we'll see. Is September here yet? This might be one of the longest offseasons I will have to endure. Also, I already want it to be February 2018 just to see if we crack the top ten in recruiting, which I anticipate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah the recruiting potential on this staff has to be up there in the Pac-12. I'm actually more excited to see what we can do next recruiting class vs the upcoming season, just because season expectations are mild, whereas recruiting expectations for me at least are pretty high.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Looks like Arroyo is really going to help us with recruiting. I'm really starting to like this hire.
OregonDuckPike
One Star Recruit

Post by OregonDuckPike »

DuckedOut wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Huh, per SB nation he's going to be TE coach as well. Seems like a big load.
I think he'll be the Co-OC/PGC/QB coach. Craig will take WRs. TEs will probably be coached by Gilbertson until they can either officially hire him or a TE coach.
So you still feel like D. Craig will join the staff?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

ifuwant2 wrote:Looks like Arroyo is really going to help us with recruiting. I'm really starting to like this hire.
Seems like he has some connections in Texas...nice!