Official: Michael Johnson named WR coach

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Taggart has officially announced that Michael Johnson will be the new WR coach. He's got loads of NFL and college coaching experience so he's a big upgrade over Dougherty. As many know, his son is a top 2019 QB so Oregon could potentially have an inside track for him, although with his offer list, he's got lots of options besides the Ducks. http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/3/1/fo ... coach.aspx
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Re: Official: Michael Johnson named WR coach

Post by srsmiley007 »

greenyellow wrote:Taggart has officially announced that Michael Johnson will be the new WR coach. He's got loads of NFL and college coaching experience so he's a big upgrade over Dougherty. As many know, his son is a top 2019 QB so Oregon could potentially have an inside track for him, although with his offer list, he's got lots of options besides the Ducks. http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/3/1/fo ... coach.aspx
About friggin time!
DuckedOut
Three Star Recruit

Post by DuckedOut »

srsmiley007 wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Taggart has officially announced that Michael Johnson will be the new WR coach. He's got loads of NFL and college coaching experience so he's a big upgrade over Dougherty. As many know, his son is a top 2019 QB so Oregon could potentially have an inside track for him, although with his offer list, he's got lots of options besides the Ducks. http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/3/1/fo ... coach.aspx
About friggin time!
Yeah, the HR department has proven they aren't the best when it comes to making these hires official in a timely matter...
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Taggart assembled a hell of a staff.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Phenom wrote:Taggart assembled a hell of a staff.
Definitely the case! Hopefully the coaching staff switch from their school issued Nike's to Dr. Scholl's and start gell'in! :lol:
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

polyduck wrote:
Definitely the case! Hopefully the coaching staff switch from their school issued Nike's to Dr. Scholl's and start gell'in! :lol:
Dad joke but I dig it. :lol:
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

DuckedOut wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:
About friggin time!
Yeah, the HR department has proven they aren't the best when it comes to making these hires official in a timely matter...
Uhm- there's a process that has to be adhered to, it's called state laws. Maybe you can let them know you are not happy with the fact they are following the rules and guidelines the state has given them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

srduck wrote:
DuckedOut wrote:
srsmiley007 wrote:
About friggin time!
Uhm- there's a process that has to be adhered to, it's called state laws. Maybe you can let them know you are not happy with the fact they are following the rules and guidelines the state has given them.

The "blame HR for being slow" group is comical. How many of you blaming Oregon HR has ever been involved in negotiating a compensation package for a highly sought after professional in a highly competitive marketplace? My guess is none.

First off, these guys have to get out of their existing contracts which isn't just as simple as saying "hey I'm going to Oregon." There are buyouts, parameters around incentives they have previously received, university cars, housing and a whole other laundry list of things that have to occur to get them out of their existing contract which can preclude them from even starting to officially negotiate with Oregon.

Then they have to negotiate those exact same types of things with Oregon, pass fairly rigid background checks, i.e. not just your name and social being run through a database. My understanding from a colleague who works in HR at UO is that Taggart had a fairly rigid set of standards which have only gotten more rigid after the issues with Coach O and Reaves prompted the AD and President to get involved. The amount of hands on a contract prior to it actually being signed and announced would make you sick and it's not even remotely unique to Oregon. Some of my work involves compensation package negotiations with MD's at a hospital and the amount of time it takes here, where we have a streamlined process that others try to mimic, is baffling.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Thanks for further clarifying my
Point D24 with very cogent examples. There is also one other little detail- NCAA compliance rules. You know those pesky little guidelines that get schools in trouble sometimes??? Yes, all this paperwork has to go through compliance too.

polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Phenom wrote:
polyduck wrote:
Dad joke but I dig it. :lol:
Gee thanks Phenom....just try in' to keep it "light" on here. Some of our brethren on here take things too seriously. Anywho....make it a good day...."if you want to!"