ScoopDuck - The return of JHOP

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: ScoopDuck - The return of JHOP

Post by buckmarkduck »

Granted Hop does spend a lot of time on recruiting, but I really like hearing about practices and how things inside the building doing are going. If we still had king of ducks, then I wouldn't pay for info.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

fairweatherfowl wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
scoducks wrote:247 is going to take a massive nose dive. The funny thing is Ron was saying clicks were at an all time high when Justin left.
The amount of posters on there now is a fraction of what it was. During the month or so after recruiting last year, they had lots of unique conversations and posts. Now, it's mainly just posts from Prehm, Skopil, and Corpatty that stick around for nearly a week with minimal comments from like the same 10-15 guys.
I just saw Corpatty over on JHop's new site. Fishduck gave a shout-out article with praise for JH (http://fishduck.com/2017/03/justin-hopk ... g-returns/) and a link to the new site.

I hope it provides him with enough subscribers so he can stay with it. But I want to stay around here, too. JHop getting fired is what brought me, and likely many others, over to see what is here.
Just noticed Corpatty took the 247 part off of his Twitter handle so it looks like he did indeed flee DT as well. They now have no one that posts updates from Twitter after Oregon offers recruits. Ron Sanders and Prehm are probably realizing that it was a big mistake to let Justin go. There's almost no reason to go on DT for recruiting updates anymore.

As for which website you want to keep visiting, I don't see why you can't do both since his will be good for insider stuff while we'll be good for general discussions about everything else surrounding the program.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:
fairweatherfowl wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
scoducks wrote:247 is going to take a massive nose dive. The funny thing is Ron was saying clicks were at an all time high when Justin left.
The amount of posters on there now is a fraction of what it was. During the month or so after recruiting last year, they had lots of unique conversations and posts. Now, it's mainly just posts from Prehm, Skopil, and Corpatty that stick around for nearly a week with minimal comments from like the same 10-15 guys.
I just saw Corpatty over on JHop's new site. Fishduck gave a shout-out article with praise for JH (http://fishduck.com/2017/03/justin-hopk ... g-returns/) and a link to the new site.

I hope it provides him with enough subscribers so he can stay with it. But I want to stay around here, too. JHop getting fired is what brought me, and likely many others, over to see what is here.
Just noticed Corpatty took the 247 part off of his Twitter handle so it looks like he did indeed flee DT as well. They now have no one that posts updates from Twitter after Oregon offers recruits. Ron Sanders and Prehm are probably realizing that it was a big mistake to let Justin go. There's almost no reason to go on DT for recruiting updates anymore.

As for which website you want to keep visiting, I don't see why you can't do both since his will be good for insider stuff while we'll be good for general discussions about everything else surrounding the program.
I've been doing both for years, love this site.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, don't leave us, guys. lol
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Phenom wrote:Yeah, don't leave us, guys. lol
Hey i'm still here! I enjoy this site and JHop's site so Im doing the same as BuckMark and posting on both sites.
UofDuck
Senior

ScoopDuck - The return of JHOP

Post by UofDuck »

Hoagduck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Hoagduck wrote:Never in my life will I understand why anyone pays one single cent for recruiting rumors.
Some people just like having information first so they're willing to pay for it. More power to them for spending their money on something they like.
this is *adults* paying *money* for.... high schoolers. I think it's objectively pretty weird.
Hmmmm, adults paying money for teenager access on the internet, that business model seems vaguely familiar.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

"Not only will this site feature one of the top insiders in the Oregon market, but our collection of top posters with the inside scoop is unmatched. Our community will be full of positive and influential posters and rid of the few that spoil a good discussion."

JHOP is once again capitalizing on the work and efforts of others. I see Corpatty signed on to pay for the ability to link twitter posts to JHOP's new site. Once not long ago Corpatty was sharing Duck news to a site which all people could read. Now, Corpatty is paying money to post twitter links for an exclusive few, and JHOP is capitalizing off of it. It sucks to lose Corpatty just so JHOP can profit off of it and fewer people will benefit. I don't have much desire to support JHOP's exclusive site. He's taking from a community and offering nothing back.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

Pontius wrote:"Not only will this site feature one of the top insiders in the Oregon market, but our collection of top posters with the inside scoop is unmatched. Our community will be full of positive and influential posters and rid of the few that spoil a good discussion."

JHOP is once again capitalizing on the work and efforts of others. I see Corpatty signed on to pay for the ability to link twitter posts to JHOP's new site. Once not long ago Corpatty was sharing Duck news to a site which all people could read. Now, Corpatty is paying money to post twitter links for an exclusive few, and JHOP is capitalizing off of it. It sucks to lose Corpatty just so JHOP can profit off of it and fewer people will benefit. I don't have much desire to support JHOP's exclusive site. He's taking from a community and offering nothing back.
Every business in the world does the same unless they are a sole proprietor with no employees.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Corpatty just has some software that's finds every mention of UO football on twitter. Anyone can do it, very few though want to. I don't.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

maxduck wrote:
Every business in the world does the same unless they are a sole proprietor with no employees.

Well, employees typically get paid, unless Corpatty is some kind of intern. My point is really that JHOP has some sort of cult following of people who are really driven by the idea of an exclusive board more than anything else. Everyone wants not only the information, but to feel like an insider. It would be nice if there was a free forum where non-subscriber information could be discussed like 247 used to be. I realize this site would be perfect for that, but it doesn't seem like the people drawn to JHOP's exclusive board wanted any part of that. Now JHOP is capitalizing on a lot of the insider information and analysis that people like QB11, MBV, DC_Duck bring in an exclusive format, whereas before they shared this information freely. In reality, the Duck community will suffer as a whole because JHOP decided to make a job out of a hobby and all his sheep follow him and bow to his conditions.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

buckmarkduck wrote:Corpatty just has some software that's finds every mention of UO football on twitter. Anyone can do it, very few though want to. I don't.

That's not the point. The point is that Corpatty was willingly doing this for free for everyone, now he's been silenced to everyone who is not a scoopduck member. I realize this is a choice Corpatty is making himself as far as switching sites, but it's hard to blame him when that's where are all the traffic has gone to. Unfortunately, with JHOP making his board entirely exclusive, a lot of information will not be seen by the non-subscriber, whereas previously 247 allowed a lot of open discussion, or at least, the ability to read meaningful posts by the very same non-subscriber.

It's like if there was a community venue open to the public where a bunch of people came to play music and JHOP was the star performer. JHOP, of course, wasn't what made the place as he was just one performer, but it was the rest of the performers that really made it. Well, JHOP ran afoul with the head of the community venue and decided to start up his own exclusive club with a cover and all the other performers followed him. No more free music for the community.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Pontius wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:Corpatty just has some software that's finds every mention of UO football on twitter. Anyone can do it, very few though want to. I don't.

That's not the point. The point is that Corpatty was willingly doing this for free for everyone, now he's been silenced to everyone who is not a scoopduck member. I realize this is a choice Corpatty is making himself as far as switching sites, but it's hard to blame him when that's where are all the traffic has gone to. Unfortunately, with JHOP making his board entirely exclusive, a lot of information will not be seen by the non-subscriber, whereas previously 247 allowed a lot of open discussion, or at least, the ability to read meaningful posts by the very same non-subscriber.

It's like if there was a community venue open to the public where a bunch of people came to play music and JHOP was the star performer. JHOP, of course, wasn't what made the place as he was just one performer, but it was the rest of the performers that really made it. Well, JHOP ran afoul with the head of the community venue and decided to start up his own exclusive club with a cover and all the other performers followed him. No more free music for the community.
Judging by your comments your either Anchor or marshmallow. And if your so concerned about the twitter info, why don't you provide the service that corpatty did? And corpatty isn't paying to provide that info.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Corpatty still has his Twitter account where he posts the offers so it's not like he's completely hidden behind ScoopDuck's paywall.

https://twitter.com/TheCorpatty
TheHypeIsReal
One Star Recruit

Post by TheHypeIsReal »

Pontius wrote:
maxduck wrote:

Well, employees typically get paid, unless Corpatty is some kind of intern. My point is really that JHOP has some sort of cult following of people who are really driven by the idea of an exclusive board more than anything else. Everyone wants not only the information, but to feel like an insider. It would be nice if there was a free forum where non-subscriber information could be discussed like 247 used to be. I realize this site would be perfect for that, but it doesn't seem like the people drawn to JHOP's exclusive board wanted any part of that. Now JHOP is capitalizing on a lot of the insider information and analysis that people like QB11, MBV, DC_Duck bring in an exclusive format, whereas before they shared this information freely. In reality, the Duck community will suffer as a whole because JHOP decided to make a job out of a hobby and all his sheep follow him and bow to his conditions.
Lol. Do you really mean it will be worse for the Duck community or do you mean it will be worse for you personally? I liked being able to glean the free information too. That said, I can't blame Jhop or the other posters for wanting to build something of their own. More power to them.

The free information on 247 is a business decision designed to build a subscriber base and click stats. Jhop has made a different one. I would be much more likely to sign up for a sight with better moderation and no auto play videos than what 247 offers even if it involves a leap of faith on content.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

Best of luck to JHop in his new site, if I ever decide to buy a subscription to a premium recruiting website his will certainly be at the top of my list.

I also second the opinion that I hope all our new friends from the past couple of months decide to stick around these parts, and if not it was enjoyable to see this place super active like the old days; thanks for stopping by :mrgreen: