Dolphins Cut Dion Jordan

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

RanDux
Senior

Dolphins Cut Dion Jordan

Post by RanDux »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolph ... nfl-draft/

Jordan is being talked about as one of the biggest non-quarterback draft busts in the history of the NFL.
lmduck

Re: Dolphins Cut Dion Jordan

Post by lmduck »

RanDux wrote:http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolph ... nfl-draft/

Jordan is being talked about as one of the biggest non-quarterback draft busts in the history of the NFL.
as much as it pains me say it, it's a pretty accurate conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lmduck wrote:

Not even close to it. There's a whole lot of others who had even more publicity and have less to show for it stats wise. Depending where his head is at, he needs to go play weakside for a 34 team where he should have been all along.
OG Duck
Two Star Recruit

Post by OG Duck »

Dion Jordan was awful in the NFL, but he was utilized in a manner that did not beget success. Regardless, I can think of a lot of players who have similar profiles, so Idk if I would say anything as hyperbolic as "one of the biggest non-quarterback draft busts in the history of the NFL". For example, if we look just one year earlier, in the 2012 draft, the #3 pick was Trent Richardson. He played through the 2014 season and hasn't been in the NFL since. Same year, the #5 pick Justin Blackmon played 1 full season and was out of the league by the end of the next season. Dion Jordan was one of the biggest non-QB draft busts ever as long as you can include 20+ other names in that list.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Fits the "Don't go to Oregon if you want to be an NFL star" narrative, though, especially if you are a lazy 'urinalist'!

Yellow journalism at it's finest!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Don't do PED's! Let that be a lesson from him to future NFL players. No doubt being suspended so much played a major role in this.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:

Not even close to it. There's a whole lot of others who had even more publicity and have less to show for it stats wise. Depending where his head is at, he needs to go play weakside for a 34 team where he should have been all along.
He's a bust, and it's 100% his own doing. He's the one who has failed multiple drug test,
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

I'm past the point where I view careers derailed by weed as anything other than an indication of the moral failure that is the NFL.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Handsome Dan wrote:I'm past the point where I view careers derailed by weed as anything other than an indication of the moral failure that is the NFL.
It wasn't weed. And even if that was all it was, the NFL is telling him they will pay him millions a year to not use weed. If someone told me, he for the next 10 years we'll pay you $8mill a year and all you have to do is play hard and not drink coffee. Guess what, I wouldn't have coffee that I love every morning.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:I'm past the point where I view careers derailed by weed as anything other than an indication of the moral failure that is the NFL.
It wasn't weed. And even if that was all it was, the NFL is telling him they will pay him millions a year to not use weed. If someone told me, he for the next 10 years we'll pay you $8mill a year and all you have to do is play hard and not drink coffee. Guess what, I wouldn't have coffee that I love every morning.
I heard weed was also related, but I'm not going to pretend I'm well-versed in this situation. I was also in part referring to draft busts in general, some of whom did suffer the stupid stacking penalties for using marijuana. I do get that the NFL is saying "we'll give you a lot of money to destroy your body permanently if you don't use weed," and that it's a reality that NFL prospects have to deal with a conservative league that is more concerned with punishing them than it is helping them, but I don't think for even a second that it's right.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

He used PED also, along with other drugs. Then lied about an injury.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

The kid was over rated even in college. I never understood where the hype came from. He never had more than 44 tackles in a season while in college, which is horrendous for a player that was allowed to do pretty much whatever he wanted to. He was a physical specimen, but he was never as good as people wanted him to be.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

What's cRaZy is that the Fish signed him to a 4 year $20.5 mil GUARANTEED contract......easiest $20 mil ever earned by a guy that didn't do much! LOL!
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

polyduck wrote:What's cRaZy is that the Fish signed him to a 4 year $20.5 mil GUARANTEED contract......easiest $20 mil ever earned by a guy that didn't do much! LOL!
Mark Helfrich would like to talk to you about how easy it is to earn millions
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

polyduck wrote:What's cRaZy is that the Fish signed him to a 4 year $20.5 mil GUARANTEED contract......easiest $20 mil ever earned by a guy that didn't do much! LOL!
It would have been at least 2.5 times that before they redid the rookie wage scale. Sam Bradford absolutely wins the overpaid award.