Moseley: It's Herbert's team.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Moseley: It's Herbert's team.

Post by pezsez1 »

Check out @DuckFootball's Tweet: https://twitter.com/DuckFootball/status ... 99297?s=09

Pretty bold tweet. I know this isn't a declaration of Herbert being the starter, but wow... Rob isn't the kind of guy to be accidentally direct.

I'm rooting for Herbert. He's the real deal.

(Edited my original post, because I was on an exercise bike when I first saw this.)
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Re: Moseley: It's Herbert's team.

Post by Phalanx »

A bitter tweet from someone, possibly Terry Wilson's mom?

Stevie‏ @StevieDaGr8 8h8 hours ago

Seeing as neither of them have a diploma from Sheldon High, which is apparently a requirement...We shall see!

Edit: looks like maybe his sister.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:A bitter tweet from someone, possibly Terry Wilson's mom?

Stevie‏ @StevieDaGr8 8h8 hours ago

Seeing as neither of them have a diploma from Sheldon High, which is apparently a requirement...We shall see!

Edit: looks like maybe his sister.
What does that mean? Are they trying to say Herbert didn't graduate HS?
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Referring to qbs without a chance to start...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

The problem is Wilson just can't consistently complete passes. It's funny Wilson and his family can't admit someone is better.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

It seems like Wilson's family have posted negative thing before about his experience at Oregon, assume the post was made by one of his family members.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I think his family thought he would walk in and be the starter. Then I saw his mom post something like he wasn't getting a true shot at the starting spot last fall, and now this. It seems more like they make excuses rather than looking at himself and working harder to improve. Unfortunately this isn't unique nowadays, everyone makes excuses and blames others for any problems in their lives. I'm hoping WT weeds out these types of players, and we get back to teams who play for each other, and are willing to do whatever to help the team.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:I think his family thought he would walk in and be the starter. Then I saw his mom post something like he wasn't getting a true shot at the starting spot last fall, and now this. It seems more like they make excuses rather than looking at himself and working harder to improve. Unfortunately this isn't unique nowadays, everyone makes excuses and blames others for any problems in their lives. I'm hoping WT weeds out these types of players, and we get back to teams who play for each other, and are willing to do whatever to help the team.
You'll never rid a team of this because its a competition within in a competitive sport, with competitive people who all want to be number 1.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yes they all want to be the guy, I'm not saying they don't. But we need more guys like AJ Feely, a guy who stuck around even when he lost his starting spot. Guys like Jason Maas, Fife etc. guys who could have transferred and started other places, but stayed and helped the team. I'd imagine nowadays, even though I'm sure he wouldn't leave UO for any reason, but people would have pushed for Joey to leave when he didn't beat out AJ. Good thing he stayed, or the season would have went down the tube.

Now I don't mind transfers, I get it, but doing it during practices or right before the season starts seems like a jerk move.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

This could be a case where the family is exerting influence. Any quotes from Terry have been complimentary of Oregon and the staff while family members seem a bit snarky. Wouldn't be the first time a relative damaged a kids career.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

maxduck wrote:This could be a case where the family is exerting influence. Any quotes from Terry have been complimentary of Oregon and the staff while family members seem a bit snarky. Wouldn't be the first time a relative damaged a kids career.
I had a run-in with I think Terry's mom or aunt on Facebook where she heavily insinuated that the only reason Herbert and Prukop were the top 2 guys was because they were white. When I mentioned that Oregon had had more black and Polynesian starters than whites in the past 10 years than white QBs, she hemmed and hawed and then stopped responding.
perennialduck
One Star Recruit

Post by perennialduck »

greenyellow wrote:
maxduck wrote:This could be a case where the family is exerting influence. Any quotes from Terry have been complimentary of Oregon and the staff while family members seem a bit snarky. Wouldn't be the first time a relative damaged a kids career.
I had a run-in with I think Terry's mom or aunt on Facebook where she heavily insinuated that the only reason Herbert and Prukop were the top 2 guys was because they were white. When I mentioned that Oregon had had more black and Polynesian starters than whites in the past 10 years than white QBs, she hemmed and hawed and then stopped responding.
And now our head coach is black, so.....

Hmmmm
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

greenyellow wrote:
Excuses are like a-holes, everybody's got one.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

UofDuck wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Excuses are like a-holes, everybody's got one.
And they all stink!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

The whole deal is kinda weird.

I could see Wilson choosing Oregon carefully because when he committed he was almost a sure thing next in line. I mean, Herbert was kinda a last, minute Oregon boy offer. Like, "we'll, lets give an Oregon kid a qb offer and he can be a decent back-up." That's what most fans were thinking and likely Wilson. Anyways, soon as anything got tough for Wilson, he didn't buck up. Even if you're a little shocked to be supplanted by the guy who was supposed to back you up, a player has to accept the challenge and fight. Especially if you think you are a special player. Wilson had some clean opportunities already, and if he would have stayed he had a chance to lead the Ducks for at least one year. Maybe two. He would have more chances. But even if he was still going to quit, he should at least get through spring ball. Or even in to May. He cost himself 3-4 weeks of coaching because? He was leaving anyway? He's still gotta go to school. He just doesn't want to bother? He clearly got rattled and quit too soon.