Oregon getting more "traditional" uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Oregon getting more "traditional" uniforms

Post by greenyellow »

Greif has interviewed head equipment manager Kenny Farr and he said that Oregon would be moving to something more "traditional" but modern for the uniforms. He didn't specify what they'll look like but said that they won't be using blue, orange, or any other color that hasn't been commonly used by Oregon before. We'll see a hint of what's to come at the spring game.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Oregon getting more "traditional" uniforms

Post by UOducksTK1 »

"Oregon Ducks' football uniforms sticking to 'more traditional colors' in 2017"

Finally! Our biggest problem is a lack of being true to our colors. Our basketball jerseys were on point all year, emulate them.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

It's easy when you have like 10 "traditional' colors lol
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If that means no more ****ing glitter, then today is a great day to be a Duck.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

I am all for going back to traditional. When the new uniforms came out it coincided with the new offense and they both helped to establish the "brand". That time has gone and frankly, breaking out the new look, having that being the story on Oregon football was sad, made even worse because the team was losing. A new start, with "Old" uni's is a winning idea to me.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Love them or hate them, it was something that made Oregon Oregon. I feel like we are losing part of our identity here. It will be interesting to see what our new identity is going to be.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Joey Green Helmets with wings... Old school Fightin' Duck on the shoulder patch!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

What I took from Farr when he said "traditional," I think it just means that they won't be having as many one-offs and extraneous colors. That probably means that green, yellow, black, white, and gray/silver are going to be the only colors in the "traditional" palette. This section of the article is key to where Oregon will likely go with their uniforms:
Fans will get their first look at some of the new uniforms during the April 29 spring game at Autzen Stadium (11 a.m., broadcast on Pac-12 Networks).

Farr described that look as "kind of a throwback to some old things we've done" -- while noting that, at Oregon, the definition of "retro" is loose.

"It's weird," he said with a laugh. "A throwback here could be 2010."
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

greenyellow wrote:Greif has interviewed head equipment manager Kenny Farr and he said that Oregon would be moving to something more "traditional" but modern for the uniforms. He didn't specify what they'll look like but said that they won't be using blue, orange, or any other color that hasn't been commonly used by Oregon before. We'll see a hint of what's to come at the spring game.

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... iver_index
I don't think he means traditional unis, just not ugly glitter helmets, gray, pink or blue unis.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

The futuristic, loud look is no longer in. A clean, minimal aesthetic is what is cool and I really hope the people in charge, who pride themselves on adaptation, can get with the times ha.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The futuristic, loud look is no longer in. A clean, minimal aesthetic is what is cool and I really hope the people in charge, who pride themselves on adaptation, can get with the times ha.
Could not agree more with this!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:The futuristic, loud look is no longer in. A clean, minimal aesthetic is what is cool and I really hope the people in charge, who pride themselves on adaptation, can get with the times ha.
I think Oregon goes back to a simpler, cleaner wing pattern on the shoulders with them using basic colors that have been used by Oregon for most of their uniforms prior to last year (green, yellow, black, white, and gray/silver.) I think it'll be similar to how the basketball team went to something modern but relatively simple with their new sets this past season.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

I know it's a good cause, but no pink helmets please!
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

If "traditional" means going back to the old interlocking UO logo helmets, the Duck patch on the sleeve....and winning ugly? That sounds like a winning combination to me!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

polyduck wrote:If "traditional" means going back to the old interlocking UO logo helmets, the Duck patch on the sleeve....and winning ugly? That sounds like a winning combination to me!
They're not going that far back. The only traditional thing that Farr said they'd go back to is the color palette.