Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: April 26th Spring Practice

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
Should be a fun group to watch this year.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Marcus is a good brother.

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

It's been interesting to see how Jonsen has been QBing the ones sometimes lately. Obviously Taggart has been clear that everyone will have to earn their spot. I do wonder, though, if what's been happening at the QB position, with TJ getting first team reps at times, is more to just remind Herbert that he shouldn't feel too safe, that he really needs to work to keep his starting spot, than that Jonsen is truly challenging him for starting QB. But obviously the better Jonsen is, the better off we are overall at QB.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Greenblood wrote:It's been interesting to see how Jonsen has been QBing the ones sometimes lately. Obviously Taggart has been clear that everyone will have to earn their spot. I do wonder, though, if what's been happening at the QB position, with TJ getting first team reps at times, is more to just remind Herbert that he shouldn't feel too safe, that he really needs to work to keep his starting spot, than that Jonsen is truly challenging him for starting QB. But obviously the better Jonsen is, the better off we are overall at QB.
I was wondering the same.. the last part of your post makes the most sense. I think
Taggart wants him playing with the ones. God for bid something happens to Justin we need
a back up ready to go..Spread offenses where the qb runs you have to have a 2nd option.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I've read more reports about Herbert throwing picks this spring than Jonsen. Maybe the competition is a lot closer than we think?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Here's a tweet from Moseley (in response to another tweeter) on the QB position from a few hours ago:

"My subjective opinion has been and remains that Herbert will end up being the guy. But coach clearly thinks it's close."
srsmiley007
Four Star Recruit

Post by srsmiley007 »

Greenblood wrote:Here's a tweet from Moseley (in response to another tweeter) on the QB position from a few hours ago:

"My subjective opinion has been and remains that Herbert will end up being the guy. But coach clearly thinks it's close."
I call BS.
This is all about pushing Herbert and keeping TJ in the fold. TJ can still bail between now and Fall. If he's going to go, now would be the time. I was afraid he was going to bail and TW was going to stay but I'm glad that TW moved on. Terry was historically inaccurate and lack the ability to adjust his throws. Those traits don't change much and quite frankly, would never see the field except as a backup.

TJ has some skills and could be good but Herbert has seriously elite talent. He has to show out this year and float his deep ball a bit more. The biggest difference between the two is between the ears. JH makes good decisions and will be seriously accurate. Once he gets this offense down, he'll be exceptionally accurate.

This fall will be fun. However, we really need some WR's to show up. We are seriously thin at this position.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:

Over/under on how long it takes for Matt to get tired of answering questions about his brother!?!?
TheHypeIsReal
One Star Recruit

Post by TheHypeIsReal »

duckfan22 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:It's been interesting to see how Jonsen has been QBing the ones sometimes lately. Obviously Taggart has been clear that everyone will have to earn their spot. I do wonder, though, if what's been happening at the QB position, with TJ getting first team reps at times, is more to just remind Herbert that he shouldn't feel too safe, that he really needs to work to keep his starting spot, than that Jonsen is truly challenging him for starting QB. But obviously the better Jonsen is, the better off we are overall at QB.
I was wondering the same.. the last part of your post makes the most sense. I think
Taggart wants him playing with the ones. God for bid something happens to Justin we need
a back up ready to go..Spread offenses where the qb runs you have to have a 2nd option.
Arroyo probably watched the Alamo bowl tape and decided the back-up should get some reps with the ones. Plenty of reps to go around at this point.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

brich75 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

Over/under on how long it takes for Matt to get tired of answering questions about his brother!?!?
Ha, I think him and Marcus get along pretty well at least from the surface. At some point you gotta just embrace the questions.