USF vs Navy 2016

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

USF vs Navy 2016

Post by Duck4Ever »

I watched the first half of this game. USF ran all over Navy, and slowed down their running attack. USF was up 42-14 by halftime, game was over. Raymond Woodie wasn't that bad of a defensive coordinator.

This gives me hope for the upcoming season. With Leavitt and the rest of the D staff, there's no reason why the defense won't see a great improvement. We've seen what Colorado has done defensively with all lower tier recruits. A 10 win season is very doable.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Re: USF vs Navy 2016

Post by Duckattack7 »

I think we compete for the title this year I really do. We have soooo much talent on offense and we should be better this year since damn near everyone is back. I think if we make it though we will have our hands full with SC and I think lose. Our schedule is favorable so why not shoot for the stars.
Return Of the Quack!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duckattack7 wrote:I think we compete for the title this year I really do. We have soooo much talent on offense and we should be better this year since damn near everyone is back. I think if we make it though we will have our hands full with SC and I think lose. Our schedule is favorable so why not shoot for the stars.
Yeah, the D 2 years ago was pretty bad yet we really were only an bad final 5 minutes vs WSU from winning the conference that year. With dominating wins vs UW, SC and Stanford.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Duckattack7 wrote:I think we compete for the title this year I really do. We have soooo much talent on offense and we should be better this year since damn near everyone is back. I think if we make it though we will have our hands full with SC and I think lose. Our schedule is favorable so why not shoot for the stars.
Yeah, the D 2 years ago was pretty bad yet we really were only an bad final 5 minutes vs WSU from winning the conference that year. With dominating wins vs UW, SC and Stanford.
At the end of the day if the defense is as bad as it was last year we probably lose 2-4 games but if they improve to what 60th- 70th all around and get some turnovers there is no reason we won't be competing unless taggart doesn't know how to run an offense which I think will be fine on talent alone.
Return Of the Quack!
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

Duckattack7 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
At the end of the day if the defense is as bad as it was last year we probably lose 2-4 games but if they improve to what 60th- 70th all around and get some turnovers there is no reason we won't be competing unless taggart doesn't know how to run an offense which I think will be fine on talent alone.
He's already proven he is a good play caller and offensive mind.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

We also need to see how this team responds to these coaches on an emotional/guts level. This team has a two year history of folding when things get tough. That's a tough habit to unlearn.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ifuwant2 wrote:We also need to see how this team responds to these coaches on an emotional/guts level. This team has a two year history of folding when things get tough. That's a tough habit to unlearn.
They had fold me games every year under Helf
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

buckmarkduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:We also need to see how this team responds to these coaches on an emotional/guts level. This team has a two year history of folding when things get tough. That's a tough habit to unlearn.
So true. And they just got more and more frequent each year. Not a lot of clutch players on this roster. At least not many who have proved it. That's a lot to overcome in a short time.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ifuwant2 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
So true. And they just got more and more frequent each year. Not a lot of clutch players on this roster. At least not many who have proved it. That's a lot to overcome in a short time.
I get the feeling WT will be a little more shall we say, stern with this team than Helfrich in certain situations. I'm also not worried about his ability to run and offense or call plays. I think that 7-8 wins this year will make me pretty happy and 8,9, or more will be an unexpected bonus. Bowl game at the minimum is what I'm hoping for.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine