What are your expectations?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

How many wins are you hoping to see this year?

6-7
14%
8-9
71%
10 or more
14%

Total votes: 69
UofDuck
Senior

Re: What are your expectations?

Post by UofDuck »

Looking at our schedule, I think we start the season 6-0 and then go 50/50 the last 6 games and end up with 9 wins. Wazzu at home will be tough, as will ASU on the road, but I think the D will be better and Herbert will have a breakout year and at get us over the hump on close games. Yep... green glasses.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Honestly, I just want to see a defense with a pulse. That'll matter more to me than number of wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Focusing on the original question, six wins might be barely "acceptable," I suppose, but feels pretty disappointing right now. I don't expect more than 8-9 total.

I've seen a couple of posts suggesting a 6-0 start, and while I can "see," looking at the schedule, how one might imagine that, I think it's pretty unlikely for this team to develop such winning habits that quickly. I have to say, though, that it's fun to see how some of the national media seem to think that the road back to respectability for the Ducks may not be all that long: http://www.sportingnews.com/amp/ncaa-fo ... udaucxazqc
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I understand the skepticism, but replace Dakota with a sophomore Justin and we would've beat NB and several others. Our OLine has WAY more experience. Our D will see improvement. How much, remains to be seen. Add in a healthy Royce and we will be a better team. I get we might trip up, but who of the first six teams beat us with Justin as QB? Tommy is no longer NB's QB and Wazzu is at home.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

UofDuck wrote:I understand the skepticism, but replace Dakota with a sophomore Justin and we would've beat NB and several others. Our OLine has WAY more experience. Our D will see improvement. How much, remains to be seen. Add in a healthy Royce and we will be a better team. I get we might trip up, but who of the first six teams beat us with Justin as QB? Tommy is no longer NB's QB and Wazzu is at home.
Wazzu has always given us fits (I think Leavitt will help change that) and Wyoming is no joke. We can't look past that game. Their QB is legit.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
Alan wrote:First year coach with the talent and schedule he has 6 wins is a minimal amount of wins for me, especially with what should be two very easy non conference games this year. With the excitement and hype he's bringing, he should get 8 or 9 wins....... 6 is an "okay we're building" feeling.
Wyoming at Wyoming will not be an easy non conference game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But we also miss SC. And Wyoming, for how well they did in the MWC, had a D that isn't much better than ours, vs ranked teams they gave up 550+ yds a game including a 56-17 loss to Nebraska allowing them to throw for 450yds. UO 56- Wyoming 31.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Sun May 14, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

I know that the most recent year is the most important year to consider, and has made us all gun-shy, but we're only a few years away from being in a national championship game too. We were super inexperience last year. Especially along the OLine and QB. That makes for a killer negative combo. I don't think that getting back to nine wins is far-fetched.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, I don't think 10 wins is totally unrealistic but it's hard to fathom after last year. Our offense will be NC worthy.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

UofDuck wrote:Looking at our schedule, I think we start the season 6-0 and then go 50/50 the last 6 games and end up with 9 wins. Wazzu at home will be tough, as will ASU on the road, but I think the D will be better and Herbert will have a breakout year and at get us over the hump on close games. Yep... green glasses.
Looking at our schedule I think we start out 3-3 and maybe pick up another 3 or 4 wins along the way. Injuries could decimate us on defense.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

nogerO wrote:
UofDuck wrote:Looking at our schedule, I think we start the season 6-0 and then go 50/50 the last 6 games and end up with 9 wins. Wazzu at home will be tough, as will ASU on the road, but I think the D will be better and Herbert will have a breakout year and at get us over the hump on close games. Yep... green glasses.
Looking at our schedule I think we start out 3-3 and maybe pick up another 3 or 4 wins along the way. Injuries could decimate us on defense.
If we start out 3-3, we won't win 6 games. Only WSU is a game I'd say 50/50 on, Nebraska is replacing a ton, Cal is going to be hot garbage, and ASU just never seems to worry me.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Date

Opponent
Time/TV
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 2

Southern Utah Thunderbirds WIN 1-0
Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 9

Nebraska Cornhuskers L 1-1
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 16

at Wyoming Cowboys TOSS UP
War Memorial Stadium, Laramie, WY
4:00pm PT
CBSSN
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 23

at Arizona State Sun Devils L 1-2
Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 30

California Golden Bears W 2-2
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 7

Washington State Cougars TOSS UP
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 14

at Stanford Cardinal L 2-3
Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 21

at UCLA Bruins L 2-4
Rose Bowl, Pasadena, CA
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 28

Utah Utes L 2-5
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 4

at Washington Huskies L 2-6
Husky Stadium, Seattle, WA
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 11

OFF

Saturday
Nov. 18

Arizona Wildcats W 3-6
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 25

Oregon State Beavers W 4-6
Time TBA
TV TBA
Buy
Tickets
Fri. 12/1
or
Sat. 12/2

Pac-12 Championship Game LOL
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
Time TBA
ESPN

So IF we win the toss up games I'm looking at 6-6 which after last year is probably acceptable.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Why do you expect losses to Utah and ASU?
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

You think we lose to NB at home? With a new QB? I don't think so.

And I imagine that Vegas will have us as a solid favorite over WY.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

UofDuck wrote:You think we lose to NB at home? With a new QB? I don't think so.

It's pretty obvious he hasn't looked at these other teams. Nebraska will be breaking in a new QB, all new RB group, they might be thinner than us at TE and they lose 70% of their production at WR.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
UofDuck wrote:You think we lose to NB at home? With a new QB? I don't think so.

It's pretty obvious he hasn't looked at these other teams. Nebraska will be breaking in a new QB, all new RB group, they might be thinner than us at TE and they lose 70% of their production at WR.
Solid favorite at UW??? We'll see. Pretty sure our lucky streak against ASU is about to burst and Utah s*** the bed against us last year and will be looking for revenge. Nebraska will be a toss up or loss. Guess we all have our opinions. Pretty obvious some like their own better than others. :o