Which coach leaves first?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Which coach leaves first?

Post by Alan »

Slow time for football so....... with the caliber of the Ducks coaching staff we will lose coaches to other schools. Just for the sake of discussion who will be the first to leave and how long will they be at Oregon before leaving? My guess is Cristobal after his second season, I hope they all stick for at least two seasons. But it may be a lesser position coach, such as a DB coach leaving for a D.C. Job at a lesser school. Any thoughts? Cristobal would be hard to replace, not so much a position coach.
duckfan22
Senior

Re: Which coach leaves first?

Post by duckfan22 »

Alan wrote:Slow time for football so....... with the caliber of the Ducks coaching staff we will lose coaches to other schools. Just for the sake of discussion who will be the first to leave and how long will they be at Oregon before leaving? My guess is Cristobal after his second season, I hope they all stick for at least two seasons. But it may be a lesser position coach, such as a DB coach leaving for a D.C. Job at a lesser school. Any thoughts? Cristobal would be hard to replace, not so much a position coach.
Willie proved he can get top coaches here.. If Cristobal leaves after a couple he will be replaced. And who really
knows who else.. I dont worry about those things. I trust Willie to keep the machine rolling.
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Yeah, this is all good. If any of the coaches leave it will be because they have done a great job here, Oregon is in good shape, and another program believes the coach can do the same for them...and another coach, OK'd by Coach T will be brought in to replace him.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Cristobal and Leavitt.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Cristobal and Leavitt.

I think Cristobal for sure, but do you think Leavitt is power 5 head coach material? I know he was HC at S. Florida. He reminds a little of Nick A, who never was really considered as a HC at the power 5 level, meaning how he comes across in front of the camera.

We will lose coaches, they are too good not to stick and yes I have confidence Willie will replace them wisely. I'm not worried just curious to thoughts.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

At the end of the day its all conjecture. These have not coached a single game at Oregon yet.
Everything points to getting back to where we all want them. Recruiting is already much better then
weve seen in maybe forever. The excitement from these coaches and openness is off the charts.
Everything has me excited more then i have in a long time for the football season.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Alan wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Cristobal and Leavitt.

I think Cristobal for sure, but do you think Leavitt is power 5 head coach material? I know he was HC at S. Florida. He reminds a little of Nick A, who never was really considered as a HC at the power 5 level, meaning how he comes across in front of the camera.

We will lose coaches, they are too good not to stick and yes I have confidence Willie will replace them wisely. I'm not worried just curious to thoughts.
I remember hearing him say he would love to coach again in an interview a few months ago. Oregon would be a great stepping stone to get there again.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

They will all leave eventually Alan. But my guess is Cristobal or Leavitt.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

if they dont win in 2-3 years they may all go and not on their own accord either.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Arroyo started getting some attention in a couple of years. I think Joe S stays a while, he seems very loyal, and Cristobal is most likely to leave first.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

what about Willie in two or three years if Florida or somebody else down south struggles, seeing how he's from the south?
duckphanatic23
One Star Recruit

Post by duckphanatic23 »

We aren't going to struggle. We'll be in contention for a Natty in 2-3 years. Cristobal leaves in two years. Johnson gets a Promotion to OC, to keep his kid around. His kid looks like a more polished Lamar Jackson. Yes, I know I'm getting ahead of myself. The hype is real folks. We're finally selling the brand again. Leavitt won't leave for a while. He's getting old and with some past issues at the HC spot, I can't see him leaving anytime soon. If he does, Big Joe steps of to DC role. Willie know's what he's doing. UofO is an attractive destination with the flash that kids love, the facilities that are better than most NFL teams, and we almost let that all go to waste with Marky Mark. We'll be back competing for the Pac-12 championship next year, and pushing for Playoffs in 2-3. The fact we are already ahead of UW and USC in the recruiting battle for 2018, without even playing a game under the Taggart era, speaks volumes to the man at the helm. Once we start winning, we're in for something special folks. Enjoy the ride!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

thomas time wrote:what about Willie in two or three years if Florida or somebody else down south struggles, seeing how he's from the south?
Really haven't thought about Willie leaving, but he did keep their house in Florida. Florida, Florida St would draw in the top names, tough competition. Miami on the other hand.......

I can see Arroyo leaving in a couple of years. Leavitt not so much, he's 60 with two young girls and pulling in 1.5 mil in a great job. Big Joe I agree, he sticks. Cristobal is HC material in the Big 5. Hope he gives us two or three years.
scoducks
Three Star Recruit

Post by scoducks »

Cristobal is my bet. It was a struggle to get him to Oregon anyways with him interviewing for a Western Michigan gig. The only way Leavitt is going to leave is if he succeeds Snyder as the head coach of Kansas State. He is already up there in age so I can see some schools being hesitant due to that factor.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

I hope we cycle through coaches like bama has, it means we are winning. But guessing who leaves first, I have no idea. MC wants to be an HC, which will require us winning a lot. Leavitt wants the KSU job, but the rumor are Snyders son will take over when he leaves.