Has anyone heard anything about volunteer summer workouts?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

UofDuck
Senior

Has anyone heard anything about volunteer summer workouts?

Post by UofDuck »

Seems pretty quite to me. Usually we hear something about who's doing what, etc. its critical that the guys come in fit and ready for camp, which is only 3 weeks long before games start and in no way is enough time to be ready for games if the guys haven't been practicing all summer getting ready on their own. Successful coaches in successful programs claim summer workouts are where teams with winning cultures are able to separate themselves from the pack. I know Peterson is big on them and has said them many times. I suspect Willey and crew are all over this thought process too "from afar" but its been oddly quiet.
Last edited by UofDuck on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenyellow

Re: Has anyone heard anything about volunteer summer workout

Post by greenyellow »

The UO's commencement isn't until June 19th so it's not exactly like they're on summer break yet. I'm sure the players will get a week or so off before they get at it because summer classes don't start until the 26th.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The SC coach has access to all student athletes over the summer and anyone who stays has access to all the facilities. As an example I knew guys who would do a morning workout followed by a meal and film study then a general workout with Rad followed up by an afternoon or evening workout doing 7 v 7 work or position specific stuff.

You can be sure that plenty of guys will stay over summer and do their own work together.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

They can't by NCAA rules 'officially ' start till summer school starts which I believe is Monday, 6/26. Typically is one week after graduation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Yeah, but we used to get occasional tidbits from those close to the program on who is working hard, etc.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

UofDuck wrote:Yeah, but we used to get occasional tidbits from those close to the program on who is working hard, etc.
my guess is when they officially start you will get 'tidbits'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk