Jonsen Transferring

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Jonsen Transferring

Post by Duck24 »

To Riverside CC according to Prehm. QB depth now a serious concern if this is true.
justducky0
Senior

Re: Jonsen Transferring

Post by justducky0 »

Bummer but I honestly can't blame him. He is not going to pass Herbert and he has the skill to be a starter at a D1 school.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

justducky0 wrote:Bummer but I honestly can't blame him. He is not going to pass Herbert and he has the skill to be a starter at a D1 school.
X2, can't blame at all, but we are in a little bit of hurt now at QB, what's the depth chart now? Can anyone update me please? Herbert, Braxton and Alie...I have to be missing someone.... I hope...
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

just a thought but gotta think Bruce Judson starts out at qb for depth reasons.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Hmmm.....think he "pulled the trigger" too fast on this one. 2008 can happen again....when we were down to our 5th string QB. Best of luck Travis!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Well, Braxton has to be smiling, just pretty much locked up the #2 spot as a true freshman...he may have had it anyway. Just checked the depth chart, yes it is Herbert, Braxton and Allie....... yikes
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

polyduck wrote:Hmmm.....think he "pulled the trigger" too fast on this one. 2008 can happen again....when we were down to our 5th string QB. Best of luck Travis!
Yeah but he might've had to spend his whole career waiting for a chance that wasn't guaranteed to come. It's tough to ask a kid to take the risk of never getting his shot.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Kid is taking his future into his own hands and not waiting for a break or something to fall into his own lap. Gotta commend that for sure.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

So this leads me to the question, who are we going after at qb this class, anyone?
Ducks10
Four Star Recruit

Post by Ducks10 »

Yeah we have to get a QB in this class.
polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Tray Dub wrote:
polyduck wrote:Hmmm.....think he "pulled the trigger" too fast on this one. 2008 can happen again....when we were down to our 5th string QB. Best of luck Travis!
Yeah but he might've had to spend his whole career waiting for a chance that wasn't guaranteed to come. It's tough to ask a kid to take the risk of never getting his shot.
I'd have to agree....he (Travis) probably also felt that BB was gonna beat him out eventually as well. Competition is great...but it sure doesn't bode well for our QB depth chart right now. :roll:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Now I'm a little worried about the QB depth. There's really only Burmeister behind Herbert now, with Alie as only person who's taken any kind of snaps at QB in college. I think this shows just how poor QB recruiting was after Marcus.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

apparently 24/7 has a article with Judson claming that Taggart is letting him try Qb so maybe they knew this was coming
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

cordy02c wrote:apparently 24/7 has a article with Judson claming that Taggart is letting him try Qb so maybe they knew this was coming
Beginning to think that Taggart knew this was coming down the pipeline. At this point, I guess it couldn't hurt to have another body practicing at QB, even if they're likely to never get any snaps there.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Makes sense. Wish Wilson would have stayed.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13