Carrington Officially Booted

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Carrington Officially Booted

Post by Alan »

Looks like TualatinDuck pretty much called it months ago.....although not a tough call, lol. Quotes didn't copy, should be three quotes from a post on Willie cracking down.

Post Re: Small Taggart Tidbit.....Love This Guy
[quote]Duck24 wrote:
5$ wrote:
You're at T-t-t-Taylor's!

DJ Simi's Hip-Hop Nation!!! Awwwwwwwwwwwwww! That might be dating me.

Sucks for Chuck, the owner, because that certainly hurts the Taylor's mystique/hype. I enjoyed Taylor's a little too much in my day but I can see why Coach Taggart would not want them there.

Stealing this from 247 but who will be the first person to test this supposed new policy and get the boot? And when will it happen?[quote]

Carrington, this weekend..............
frogsnouts
Three Star Recruit

Post by frogsnouts »

Alan wrote:Here's a news blurb from the Daily Emerald on his dismissal. But there's also a Taylor's bar instagram pic featuring Carrington, makes me wonder if that bar is truly off limits to the team.......anyone know? Taylor's did yank the pic a few minutes after it was posted.

http://www.dailyemerald.com/2017/07/14/ ... l-program/
If that is something that Taggart actually said and meant, there's more than a few other players who have been risking it the last few months. None more than Carrington though he's been there weekly.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Another member of the Harris, Maloata and Lyerla Throw Your Career Away Club
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Those dudes have legit mental health issues and I don't think DC does. He's just does dumb s***.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Phenom wrote:Those dudes have legit mental health issues and I don't think DC does. He's just does dumb s***.
Agreed, those guys had rough upbringings and bad influences. The only thing Carrington has going against him was that it seemed like his family thought he could do no wrong. I'll never forgot after the 2015 natty when his dad said he was near people smoking and wasn't smoking himself, everyone knew that was a huge load of BS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buh bye!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Little late here, but everybody, including Willie, saw this coming a mile away. For every public DC embarrassment, there's probably been 5 more that nobody ever heard about. Willie told the kid what's what when he convinced DC to come back, and Willie put himself in a win win situation.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Lastly, no one can be blamed for his actions, but himself! Without question, he has acknowledged that and has taken full responsibility for his actions.
Wow, very rare for people to take responsibility for their actions these days.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Hope this is what it takes for him to mature and live up to his potential.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Hmmm, he was caught again. I suspect, and would gladly be wrong, that his taking responsibility is because he arrested. Hope this does it for him.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

FlDuckFan wrote:
Lastly, no one can be blamed for his actions, but himself! Without question, he has acknowledged that and has taken full responsibility for his actions.
Honestly reading that, I got the sense that his parents are the exact reason why he's continued to have problems because they are the ones writing out his apology, not him.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Duck07 wrote:
FlDuckFan wrote:
Honestly reading that, I got the sense that his parents are the exact reason why he's continued to have problems because they are the ones writing out his apology, not him.

It's called enabling...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Meh... Where I come from, good teammates, "LEADERS", do the things DC did right, but they also choose to avoid things that potentially are detrimental to the team.

You know, little things like DUIIs, brawling, and standing downwind from a dude hot boxing a 69 VW van... OK, the van was a stretch, but getting suspended for a failed drug screening before the biggest game in U of O history is particularly telling.

WT did the right thing. That is leadership. Set the rules and boundaries, and make it stick.

Nobody said being a leader was easy.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Apparently Utah is interested in him. Utah comes to Autzen this year by the way