Wide Receiver Depth Chart moving Forward

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck24
Senior

Re: Wide Receiver Depth Chart moving Forward

Post by Duck24 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Being an hour from Chicago isn't what I'd call a positive, honestly have you ever lived in that are? But the MBA from Northwestern is tough to ignore.
I have spent my fair amount of time in Chicago and the surrounding areas. I can think of a lot worse places to be if you are trying to make business/entrepreneur type connections than suburban Chicago. One being Eugene, OR.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I was feeling cautiously optimistic about the season for a while. My optimism faded a bit when Jonsen transferred but I thought Burmeister could fill in okay if need and hey, maybe we wouldn't even need to use the backup QB... This one though, is harder to keep a positive perspective on. This is a pretty ugly depth chart for our wideouts. I feel like our offense just got a lot more pedestrian.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

karlhungis wrote:I was feeling cautiously optimistic about the season for a while. My optimism faded a bit when Jonsen transferred but I thought Burmeister could fill in okay if need and hey, maybe we wouldn't even need to use the backup QB... This one though, is harder to keep a positive perspective on. This is a pretty ugly depth chart for our wideouts. I feel like our offense just got a lot more pedestrian.
Honestly this is going to be sacrilege for some but I think what Herbert did as a true freshmen with his supporting cast was more impressive than Mariota's rs freshmen year. We have potential 1st rounders in Royce and Crosby who are both looking to have big years and I don't think any DC we face is going to want to stack the box against Herbert regardless of who he is throwing to. If we can get back to basing our Run/Play options off of nothing more than reading the box and making the simple play, it's going to make the job for those young guy's a lot easier. The OL has to perform to expectation this year and we can't afford injuries to the WRs we do have now.

I'm interested to see the growth of some of our TE's though like Breeland. Fall camp reports should give us a much better idea of who is ready to play. If we don't hear anything by then, we can start being concerned.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Too bad fall reports are no longer believable at all since Moseley switched from the RG. Lockie would be throwing for 4000 yards and we'd have a top 20 defense if his reports were to be believed.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Too bad fall reports are no longer believable at all since Moseley switched from the RG. Lockie would be throwing for 4000 yards and we'd have a top 20 defense if his reports were to be believed.
the new staff has allowed for some open practices in the spring time, i imagine they do the same in the fall.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Too bad fall reports are no longer believable at all since Moseley switched from the RG. Lockie would be throwing for 4000 yards and we'd have a top 20 defense if his reports were to be believed.
Lockie probably was throwing the ball around pretty good against OUR defense...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I would not at all be surprised if Jacob Breeland ends the season as the leading receiver on the team, or at least close to it.