Wide Receiver Depth Chart moving Forward

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckfbfan15
Three Star Recruit

Wide Receiver Depth Chart moving Forward

Post by duckfbfan15 »

The Ducks are now thin and inexperienced moving into fall camp. I think a prime opportunity exists for a couple true frosh to play. How does everyone see the depth Chart at this point. I think it will probably look similar to this:

WR: D Mitch, Johnny Johnson
Slot: Chuck Nelson, Jaylon Redd
WR: Lovette OR Ofodile, Daewood Davis

GO HARD, GO OREGON, GO DUCKS!
GrantDuck
Senior

Re: Wide Receiver Depth Chart moving Forward

Post by GrantDuck »

Unfortunately, Herbie may have a bit of a sophomore slump with this group...

That said, some help is on the way this fall and REAL help will be on the way in 2018.

I thought Lovette looked the best IS; so I'd go with what you posted for now.

Also wouldn't be surprised to see 1-2 guys moved there temporarily this fall. Big key will be if Mitchell can fulfill his promise and if 1-2 of the freshman can really look good.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

We need Charles Nelson to regain the passion and fire. Apparently he wasn't going full speed in the spring. Mitchell will have a big year. We're going to need Ofodile to live up to the hype. At least 2 freshman will play. I'm thinking more like 3.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:We need Charles Nelson to regain the passion and fire. Apparently he wasn't going full speed in the spring. Mitchell will have a big year. We're going to need Ofodile to live up to the hype. At least 2 freshman will play. I'm thinking more like 3.
I think they're going to need 4 FR to play at WR due to how the depth chart is now. Both WR and TE are really short on bodies and/or experience so it'll be interesting to see who steps up and how they structure the running and passing games.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

With the lack of depth and with the Gulf Coast offense that Willie likes to run, I think we see a lot of TZR like players playing 'WR'. TBJ and Griffin if healthy will likely see a lot of time playing in what looks like a slot WR but really is a motion WR who comes into the backfield either before the snap or right at the time of the snap. Lots of jet sweeps and swing passes. Not sure the exact name of the position in Willie's offense but it's essentially a slot WR/TZR hybrid. Byron Marshall and DAT would have been unbelievable in that role.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Is Ofodile still hurt? If he's fully healthy, he should be a big contributor.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Would have been nice if Jalen brown had stayed
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Would have been nice if Jalen brown had stayed
And one of the main reasons he left was because he didn't want to sit behind Carrington.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I saw Brown Friday night before the Spring game and he didn't look like a football player anymore.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Phenom wrote:I saw Brown Friday night before the Spring game and he didn't look like a football player anymore.
Was it that "I bit myself in the butt" look?

Alie has good hands. Bet he has been catch a few tosses.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

greenyellow wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:Would have been nice if Jalen brown had stayed
And one of the main reasons he left was because he didn't want to sit behind Carrington.
I think the grad school opportunity at Northwestern played quite the large part as well.
Oregonian
Four Star Recruit

Post by Oregonian »

Yeah, likely gets to start for a Power 5 school coming off of a bowl win while also getting his masters from an institution with vastly superior academic credentials... really bit himself in the butt. :roll:
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Oregonian wrote:Yeah, likely gets to start for a Power 5 school coming off of a bowl win while also getting his masters from an institution with vastly superior academic credentials... really bit himself in the butt. :roll:
MBA from Northwestern, hour from Chicago, Nike connections from his Oregon days, likely to make connections at Northwestern. Think he's making the right decision and setting himself up for after football.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Duck24 wrote:
Oregonian wrote:Yeah, likely gets to start for a Power 5 school coming off of a bowl win while also getting his masters from an institution with vastly superior academic credentials... really bit himself in the butt. :roll:
MBA from Northwestern, hour from Chicago, Nike connections from his Oregon days, likely to make connections at Northwestern. Think he's making the right decision and setting himself up for after football.
Agreed. Every indication is that he's a hell of a good kid. Wish him nothing but the best.

Coulda really used him though............
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Being an hour from Chicago isn't what I'd call a positive, honestly have you ever lived in that are? But the MBA from Northwestern is tough to ignore.