Does anyone know.......

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Does anyone know.......

Post by Alan »

How throwing the "O" was started? I heard a interview a few years back from the person claiming to have started it and how it started, just curious if there are any other versions out there.......yes it's almost football season...lol
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Does anyone know.......

Post by lukeyrid13 »

I think Joey started it when he put the O up to the band after a game, I could be wrong but I wanna say the 01 civil war
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think Joey started it when he put the O up to the band after a game, I could be wrong but I wanna say the 01 civil war
That didn't take long, lol. It's the interview I heard of Joey and just that, the band leader threw up the O as the cue to play the Oregon fight song. Going off the field after his last home game as a senior Joey threw up the O to the band hoping to hear the fight song one last time at Autzen.......I guess it stuck.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

First known uses: All Joey

lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Post by lawduck »

True story: Our family started doing it at the October 2001 game at WSU. But, it was actually for Onterrio (Smith) not Oregon. In fact, he got an unsportsmanlike penalty after a touchdown in that game for giving us a high five. I assume that is where Joey picked it up from (I think the band thing has been debunked).
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

lukeyrid13 wrote:I think Joey started it when he put the O up to the band after a game, I could be wrong but I wanna say the 01 civil war
Crazy thats when I first started following the Ducks. Joey will always be one of my favorite players.