Back to form

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Re: Back to form

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Phenom wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:The lack of pass catching targets is really, really concerning. Even in the Chip days, we had Ed Dickson, the Maehl man, and NFL-bound Drew Davis. This year we have a whole bunch of guys who won't get much separation, so Herbie is going to need to throw them open, and sometimes that's a recipe for picks.

Flip side, I could see our run game being close to unstoppable. I don't know if Taggartt uses 2-back sets much, but the thought of Royce and TBJ/Taj playing on the same field should scare opponents.
Drew Davis...common man...Our WRs during the Pflugrad era weren't very good.
2007/2008 we had: Colvin, J-Will, Paysinger, Ed Dickson, Terrance Scott, Garren Strong, Pflugrad, DJ Davis
vs
Nelson, Breeland, Mitchell, Ofodile, Daewood Davis, McNeal,

If we had Carrington I might say this years version is on par but without him we are dreadfully thin.

Nelson 50 catches last year
Breeland -6
Mitchell -2
Ofodile 1
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:The lack of pass catching targets is really, really concerning. Even in the Chip days, we had Ed Dickson, the Maehl man, and NFL-bound Drew Davis. This year we have a whole bunch of guys who won't get much separation, so Herbie is going to need to throw them open, and sometimes that's a recipe for picks.

Flip side, I could see our run game being close to unstoppable. I don't know if Taggartt uses 2-back sets much, but the thought of Royce and TBJ/Taj playing on the same field should scare opponents.
2007/2008 we had: Colvin, J-Will, Paysinger, Ed Dickson, Terrance Scott, Garren Strong, Pflugrad, DJ Davis
vs
Nelson, Breeland, Mitchell, Ofodile, Daewood Davis, McNeal,

If we had Carrington I might say this years version is on par but without him we are dreadfully thin.

Nelson 50 catches last year
Breeland -6
Mitchell -2
Ofodile 1
Ofodile is injured and two of those guys are true freshman. WR is incredibly thin but te is even thinner. Two guys

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Phenom wrote:

Drew Davis played 3 seasons for the Falcons. Just because he didn't get the ball at Oregon doesn't mean he wasn't a very good receiver.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

StevensTechU wrote:
Phenom wrote:

Drew Davis played 3 seasons for the Falcons. Just because he didn't get the ball at Oregon doesn't mean he wasn't a very good receiver.
Very good is a stretch...and he didn't get the ball because that's the offense we ran...I think it'll be similar this year.