Post by buckmarkduck »

Sounding like that could be the case.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Schooler to WR?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I could see it. But isn't he also likely to start at safety?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Only if he wears Jeff Maehl's number.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'd rather see Robinson move to WR, if anybody.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

If the rumor is true, is the competition so good last years starting safety needs to move to WR to get on the field? Or was last years D so bad it made a true freshman in Schooler look pretty good? I like him, I hope he plays.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Schooler looked really bad at times at safety and we need WRs...makes some sense. That being said, the other safetys didn't look any better last year...
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

Phenom wrote:Schooler looked really bad at times at safety and we need WRs...makes some sense. That being said, the other safetys didn't look any better last year...
This.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Dillon Mitchell wasn't practicing after getting fatigue in the heat. Could also be a reason why they needed another body at WR.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phenom wrote:Schooler looked really bad at times at safety and we need WRs...makes some sense. That being said, the other safetys didn't look any better last year...
You could say the entire defense looked bad most of the time last season so it's not really fair to single just him out. For being a true FR thrown to the wolves on an already broken defense, he did about as good as could be expected.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

greenyellow wrote:
You could say the entire defense looked bad most of the time last season so it's not really fair to single just him out. For being a true FR thrown to the wolves on an already broken defense, he did about as good as could be expected.
My thoughts also, he was just a true freshman and the last to sign with the Ducks, I contributed some (most of) he bad plays to being a freshman in one of the worse D's in the country. A bunch of his tackles and misses came deep in the secondary because the D was so bad. But I certainly do not have problems with him taking reps at WR.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Schooler at his worse was vastly superior to the 3 returning vets they have in the safety 2 deep thus far. Schooler had more interceptions than all of them combined and had at least 20 touchdown saving tackles. How many does anyone remember Robinson, Williams and Oliver making?

Every year Robinson looks like Ed Reed in training camp, starts at Safety and is exposed as Casper the Friendly Safety when the season begins. He's not a bad Corner as he can cover a man and area but has shown no play anticipation or nose for the ball from the Safety position. Is that going to change between his Junior and Senior years?

I will gladly eat crow on this, particularly as I have expressed confidence in Leavitt and have predicted a huge improvement in defense. But
even if Schooler goes on the be an All-Pac10 receiver (not predicting this) but the 3 other returning Safeties play like did they last year, I would call the position swap a mistake.

polyduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by polyduck »

Can't wait to see what Leavitt & Taggart have "up there sleeve" with this position change. In Coach Taggart we trust.

#bringbackthewings!
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:Schooler at his worse was vastly superior to the 3 returning vets they have in the safety 2 deep thus far. Schooler had more interceptions than all of them combined and had at least 20 touchdown saving tackles. How many does anyone remember Robinson, Williams and Oliver making?

Every year Robinson looks like Ed Reed in training camp, starts at Safety and is exposed as Casper the Friendly Safety when the season begins. He's not a bad Corner as he can cover a man and area but has shown no play anticipation or nose for the ball from the Safety position. Is that going to change between his Junior and Senior years?

I will gladly eat crow on this, particularly as I have expressed confidence in Leavitt and have predicted a huge improvement in defense. But
even if Schooler goes on the be an All-Pac10 receiver (not predicting this) but the 3 other returning Safeties play like did they last year, I would call the position swap a mistake.

I am 100% in agreement. Schooler was very solid as a true freshman while Robinson was so bad as a JR.
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

The young guys will claim playing time. Schooler will get more minutes at WR than at safety

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Saw a picture of the depth chart on twitter, Schooler was 3rd on the depth chart at safety.