Schooler to WR?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Schooler to WR?

Post by GrandpaDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:Saw a picture of the depth chart on twitter, Schooler was 3rd on the depth chart at safety.
Based on the coaches seeing him in two practices in helmets only as he was injured all Spring.

Again, we've all seen the veterans now in front of him on that chart play in real games which gives one the right to be apprehensive about the swap.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

The most concerning thing about that depth chart was seeing Apelu as a starter...
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phenom wrote:The most concerning thing about that depth chart was seeing Apelu as a starter...
A true freshman nose tackle, 2 (not just 1) undersized inside linebackers, One small safety and one who avoids contact. What could go wrong?

But seriously, they have had zero fall practices with pads. The depth chart at this point is pretty meaningless. So concerns should be def-con 2 at most. Though full blown panic at any time is a football fans constitutional right.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:The most concerning thing about that depth chart was seeing Apelu as a starter...
A true freshman nose tackle, 2 (not just 1) undersized inside linebackers, One small safety and one who avoids contact. What could go wrong?

But seriously, they have had zero fall practices with pads. The depth chart at this point is pretty meaningless. So concerns should be def-con 2 at most. Though full blown panic at any time is a football fans constitutional right.
In pads yesterday. Be calm. Step away from the computer. Lol. It's what we fans do tho
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

From Memms:Taggart said he's "excited to see the Herbert to Schooler connection." Seems like Schooler is officially on offense.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I'm okay with this move since it sounds like he'd fallen way behind the other safeties after missing spring practices and he was open to moving to a position where depth was an issue.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I don't love it, and maybe he moves back next year if depth at WR is a little better. This is very indicative of just how thin WR is.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

buckmarkduck wrote:From Memms:Taggart said he's "excited to see the Herbert to Schooler connection." Seems like Schooler is officially on offense.
At least I hope he's on offense! Eitherwise Taggart has no faith in Herbert or a lot of faith in Schooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Alie is a good size for a WR. He can run - we know that. I wonder if there are plans for him at WR. Saw him there on one roster but don't recall any conversation. He has good hands and a ton of football experience. Just curious about him this season.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Schooler is now in a white jersey and wearing #26. Don't know if the number is new as of today or he made the switch a while ago...... looks like he's on the O
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

rockthief wrote:Alie is a good size for a WR. He can run - we know that. I wonder if there are plans for him at WR. Saw him there on one roster but don't recall any conversation. He has good hands and a ton of football experience. Just curious about him this season.
We need all the bodies available at QB.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Brady Breeze being overlooked in this thread.

From what I've seen of him vs. Schooler, I'd take Breeze at that spot and the move makes sense.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

GrantDuck wrote:Brady Breeze being overlooked in this thread.

From what I've seen of him vs. Schooler, I'd take Breeze at that spot and the move makes sense.
Agreed, been waiting to see him.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Breeze was already ahead of Schooler based on the leaked depth chart.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:Breeze was already ahead of Schooler based on the leaked depth chart.
That depth chart considered who had been practicing. Obviously, Schooler hadn't been.