Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Wyoming (Sept. 16, Sat 4 PM CBS Sports Network)

Post by duckduckgoose »

alabamaduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I was hosting a party so didn't see much of the game but from what I saw, Josh Allen sucks and our D was out to plunder him and his draft stock. He looked like what you'd expect a MAC QB to look like. Kid is going to regret not going to the NFL last year. He looked undraftable throwing off his back leg, throwing balls that landed 10 yards away from anyone, throwing high etc. You can blame some on a subpar supporting cast but I think someone is wasting a draft pick if he goes in the first round as projected.
I thought the exact same thing. It seemed like 60% of his throws were off his back leg even when he wasn't scrambling. He's got a big time arm but outside of that I can see why he had no offfers.
The poor guy was getting killed by the Ducks front 7. I was beginning to feel sorry for him towards the end. He wasn't throwing off his back leg as much as throwing off his back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alabamaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by alabamaduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:
Duck24 wrote:I was hosting a party so didn't see much of the game but from what I saw, Josh Allen sucks and our D was out to plunder him and his draft stock. He looked like what you'd expect a MAC QB to look like. Kid is going to regret not going to the NFL last year. He looked undraftable throwing off his back leg, throwing balls that landed 10 yards away from anyone, throwing high etc. You can blame some on a subpar supporting cast but I think someone is wasting a draft pick if he goes in the first round as projected.
I thought the exact same thing. It seemed like 60% of his throws were off his back leg even when he wasn't scrambling. He's got a big time arm but outside of that I can see why he had no offfers.
The poor guy was getting killed by the Ducks front 7. I was beginning to feel sorry for him towards the end. He wasn't throwing off his back leg as much as throwing off his back!

True he was getting pressure but he was throwing off his back leg even in his highlight package they showed before the game. Even my 12 year old son who just started playing football this year pointed it out and asked why he was doing it.
DCPoke
One Star Recruit

Post by DCPoke »

Congrats on the win. The Cowboys were totally out matched.

I did think the last-second pass attempts for TDs were douchey, but it might be related to Marcus Arroyo being a former Wyoming OC that was fired by HC Dave Christensen. Can't say for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

DCPoke wrote:Congrats on the win. The Cowboys were totally out matched.

I did think the last-second pass attempts for TDs were douchey, but it might be related to Marcus Arroyo being a former Wyoming OC that was fired by HC Dave Christensen. Can't say for sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.
What is douchy about having your backups get reps?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

alabamaduck wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
alabamaduck wrote:

True he was getting pressure but he was throwing off his back leg even in his highlight package they showed before the game. Even my 12 year old son who just started playing football this year pointed it out and asked why he was doing it.
I thought as the game progressed and the Ducks were getting to him he was looking for the rush and not his receivers.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

If I was an NFL GM that's desperate for QB, I would take a gamble on Allen in the late 2nd or early 3rd round. Anything higher than that is insane. You can get an elite DB, pass rusher, WR, and even a very good RB before Allen. Everyone that thinks he's great is looking at what his upside/potential could be.

If size, mobility, and a big arm is all that matters... then Cardale Jones would have been drafted before the 4th round. Not to mention, he actually accomplished a lot at the college level. Allen hasn't even done 1% of what Jones did.

On a side note, if a team reallys need a QB, they should be drafting at least two. And in early rounds if they can. Seems like the smartest thing to do seeing as you don't know who is going to pan out.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Coach Bohl's post game interview.
OregonFan4life -
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Dye post game

OregonFan4life -
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Willie Taggart post-game interview:
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

greenyellow wrote:Willie Taggart post-game interview:
I was looking for this. Thanks for posting it.
OregonFan4life -
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DCPoke wrote:Congrats on the win. The Cowboys were totally out matched.

There is a debate here as to who calls the plays. Taggart has always been the primary play caller for his teams and as this is a new offense for Arroyo I am in the camp that believes Willy calls the plays. We need someone who attends the games in person to watch who talks to the guy sending them in.

A good number of the people here think it was an asshole move, others disagree.

Willie considers himself part of the the Harbaugh family, so being an asshole every once in a while maybe required for him to fit in.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

karlhungis wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Willie Taggart post-game interview:
I was looking for this. Thanks for posting it.
The sound on these videos is awful. The info they contain is interesting, but wow it’s hard to understand what is being said.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

In pre-season discussions, it was made clear that Taggart calls the plays.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »