Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Post by karlhungis »

buckmarkduck wrote:
thomas time wrote:ya this defense isn't good enough for the playoffs, 5-0 is what we should be at with WSU be a very good test for this team.
The D two years ago wasn't as good as this d, but with a healthy Adams they probably make the playoffs.
That's crazy to think about. Two years ago, UW and USC weren't nearly as good though.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

buckmarkduck wrote:
thomas time wrote:ya this defense isn't good enough for the playoffs, 5-0 is what we should be at with WSU be a very good test for this team.
The D two years ago wasn't as good as this d, but with a healthy Adams they probably make the playoffs.
Hmmm. I'm trying to decide if I agree with this. Hard to tell after only 2 games, but you could be right.
UofDuck
Senior

Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Post by UofDuck »

Brady Breeze was supposed to be the guy before an injury. He had Alabama chasing him pretty hard as a recruit. I've no doubt he'll be a big part of our D when healthy.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

I would love to see Oregon beat the cougs. They at least have a chance to this year. I do not see it happening though. In terms of making the playoffs that is a pipe dream. No way. Not going to happen this year. USC would kill us in the conference championship. I hate to say it but USC is back.
duxforlyfe
Three Star Recruit

Post by duxforlyfe »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:I would love to see Oregon beat the cougs. They at least have a chance to this year. I do not see it happening though. In terms of making the playoffs that is a pipe dream. No way. Not going to happen this year. USC would kill us in the conference championship. I hate to say it but USC is back.
Yep, they seem to have a competent coach now which is all USC needs. Can't stand the school.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

I wouldn't call Helton competent yet.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

USC has the longest winning streak in division 1 I believe. They have won 11 in a row and are Rose Bowl champions. At what point does the coach become competent. I don't like them. Only team in the Pac 12 I hate worse is the huskies. The facts are still the facts though when it comes to USC.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I won't say Helton isn't competent, but it's certainly a lot easier to look competent with that much talent. I hate that even when they suck, they get amazing recruiting classes just cause they're USC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:USC has the longest winning streak in division 1 I believe. They have won 11 in a row and are Rose Bowl champions. At what point does the coach become competent. I don't like them. Only team in the Pac 12 I hate worse is the huskies. The facts are still the facts though when it comes to USC.
When he does it without Darnold.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

karlhungis wrote:
GoDucksIn09 wrote:USC has the longest winning streak in division 1 I believe. They have won 11 in a row and are Rose Bowl champions. At what point does the coach become competent. I don't like them. Only team in the Pac 12 I hate worse is the huskies. The facts are still the facts though when it comes to USC.
When he does it without Darnold.
Yep. Without Darnold he was 1-3 last year, and just over .500 the year before. A great QB can make a bad coach look good, just ask Helfrich.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

Point is well taken about Darnold and about the comparison between Helton and Helfrich. If is one big difference between the two it is getting the players to buy in. Helfrich the last 2 years could not recruit well and did not get the players to buy in. Helton at USC may not be able to but he has got the team to at least buy in with Darnold USC can always recruit. It is a matter if the players will buy into the coach's ability to make them grow or call plays. Helfrich lost the team. It showed on the field as well as off.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GoDucksIn09 wrote:Point is well taken about Darnold and about the comparison between Helton and Helfrich. If is one big difference between the two it is getting the players to buy in. Helfrich the last 2 years could not recruit well and did not get the players to buy in. Helton at USC may not be able to but he has got the team to at least buy in with Darnold USC can always recruit. It is a matter if the players will buy into the coach's ability to make them grow or call plays. Helfrich lost the team. It showed on the field as well as off.
Helton was super close to losing the team last year before Darnold. In fact, several players did leave the team after the first few games. Darnold bailed him out.
webfoot72
One Star Recruit

Post by webfoot72 »

Oklahoma has the longest current win streak at 12 games, can't stand them either!