Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Post by Duck4Ever »

Wash St would be the next opponent. I think beating them is realistic.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Re: Prediction: Oregon goes 5-0

Post by karlhungis »

Duck4Ever wrote:Wash St would be the next opponent. I think beating them is realistic.
Man, I don't know if we beat WSU. I think we could but I think they will be favored for a reason.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

WSU beat us 51-33 in the Paloose last year and 45-38 in Autzen the year before. The previous 8 years had been mostly blowouts and 8 straight wins for UO. I just want to be the Cowboys Saturday.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

noger0 that was pretty piss poor.

2017: Worst Oregon team in 20 years
2016: In overtime , oregon had the lead in the 4th and Taylor Alie was the QB

Also this is a fan board. its 100% fine to look ahead past Wyoming.

Oregon beats Wyoming by 2+ TDs and comings in and beats Washington State...you heard it here...second.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

To beat WSU it would be helpful to get Robinson, Oliver and Breeze back. We have 3 good corners, could use some more coverage skills at Safety.

It will be a game where Apelu will be an asset not a liability at MLB.

If the Ducks can keep PIs below 4 I think they will have a really good chance.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Also of note: If Oregon does go 5-0, Coach Taggart will be at a 50% career win loss percentage as a HC for the first time.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

GrandpaDuck wrote:To beat WSU it would be helpful to get Robinson, Oliver and Breeze back. We have 3 good corners, could use some more coverage skills at Safety.

How do we know Breeze will help? I'm almost to the point I'm wondering if he'll ever see and meaningful minutes as a Duck.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

buckmarkduck wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:To beat WSU it would be helpful to get Robinson, Oliver and Breeze back. We have 3 good corners, could use some more coverage skills at Safety.

How do we know Breeze will help? I'm almost to the point I'm wondering if he'll ever see and meaningful minutes as a Duck.
I don't know, but if they had all three of them back, maybe Coach Heyward can find two that won't be invisible. I throw in Breeze because he at least hasn't proven to be lost so maybe he'll be a gamer and a positive surprise.

Throw in Williams, I have him in the upper half of this group. Kind of amazing that the entire anticipated 2 deep at the time WT moved Schooler is or has been out.
Last edited by GrandpaDuck on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

buckmarkduck wrote:

Wasn't he atop the depth chart before his injury?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

justducky0 wrote:noger0 that was pretty piss poor.

2017: Worst Oregon team in 20 years
2016: In overtime , oregon had the lead in the 4th and Taylor Alie was the QB

Also this is a fan board. its 100% fine to look ahead past Wyoming.

Oregon beats Wyoming by 2+ TDs and comings in and beats Washington State...you heard it here...second.
Reading comprehension not so much? "just the facts ma'am." :) Opinions are like...oh never mind. Love your avatar by the way. :D
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:

Wasn't he atop the depth chart before his injury?
We have Pickett and Gibson, and we have Stephens and Holland coming in. Maybe BB can beat them out, but I really like what I see from the FR, and really think next years class will be even better.
mdm0302
Freshman

Post by mdm0302 »

am on the only one on this forum who seriously believes the ducks will make the playoffs?
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

mdm0302 wrote:am on the only one on this forum who seriously believes the ducks will make the playoffs?
Hopefully. This team is too young and flawed to only lose 1 game, which is what it will take for a Pac-12 team, not named USC, to make the playoff. I think a New Year's Six bowl game would be a huge accomplishment for this team. I don't think they can beat UW or USC (which they would need to do in the Pac-12 championship) this year. Stanford is probably unlikely, as well.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but it's just unrealistic to expect that of them this year.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya this defense isn't good enough for the playoffs, 5-0 is what we should be at with WSU be a very good test for this team.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

thomas time wrote:ya this defense isn't good enough for the playoffs, 5-0 is what we should be at with WSU be a very good test for this team.
The D two years ago wasn't as good as this d, but with a healthy Adams they probably make the playoffs.