Why are we playing in WY?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Why are we playing in WY?

Post by Duck07 »

I think there is an old school approach to consider about also providing the students a chance to travel to different places too. It's not like we're playing in Cheney and if you only go to big schools, you only end up seeing the same places in conference.

Think about an ooc game against a mid tier Florida school right now and how the coaches would spin it for recruiting, especially since classes don't start until we're typically into conference play. Oregon would practice at a local high school for the week to get ready for the "humidity" for "player safety."
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It is a little risky scheduling a game where we visit a team like Wyoming. But it's kinda fun playing against a lesser team and a unique environment. I wouldn't get in the habit of doing it, but I'd say this time it worked out well for Oregon.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Duck07 wrote:I think there is an old school approach to consider about also providing the students a chance to travel to different places too. It's not like we're playing in Cheney and if you only go to big schools, you only end up seeing the same places in conference.

Think about an ooc game against a mid tier Florida school right now and how the coaches would spin it for recruiting, especially since classes don't start until we're typically into conference play. Oregon would practice at a local high school for the week to get ready for the "humidity" for "player safety."
I wouldn't mind seeing Willy put Scott Frost back in his place again.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!