Taj Griffin

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Taj Griffin

Post by Duck4Ever »

Glad he's back. I hope he gets at least a few carries every game and plays slot a ton. Can anyone guess as to why he isn't returning punts? Seems ideal for that role...

Also I think he could be deadly in the full house formation that we saw against Nebraska. Either getting carries or running routes out of it.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Re: Taj Griffin

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Duck4Ever wrote:Glad he's back. I hope he gets at least a few carries every game and plays slot a ton. Can anyone guess as to why he isn't returning punts? Seems ideal for that role...

Also I think he could be deadly in the full house formation that we saw against Nebraska. Either getting carries or running routes out of it.
I would be ok if he gets carries but not at the expense of the too few carries Benoit gets. I'd like to see him as the primary fly sweep carrier and getting more of those flanker screens targets. We know how dangerous he is once he gets the ball into his hands.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Taj Griffin

Post by pezsez1 »

My one criticism of Taj (that hasn't seemed to change since he's played here) is he tends to run backward, thinking he can get around the edge, and almost always he fails. I like him better as a receiver where he can catch the ball in more space to work with... less likely to go for negative yardage and more likely to rip off big plays.
Willie Taggart is a dick.