#11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: #11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:
Judging Willie Taggart off of this game is complete BS.
I'm not judging Taggart off of just this game. And I'm not even saying he's the wrong guy for the job. He is great with recruiting, and he assembled amazing assistance. He seems to be a fantastic CEO, and that's what a college football coach essentially is. I'm just not sure he's a good enough offensive playcaller for the Pac-12. That's not just based on this game or the ASU game -- that's based on virtually all of our games except for Southern Utah. Even when we've been completely healthy, Taggart has shown some very conservative coaching tendencies that just don't seem fitting for a spread-offense Pac-12 program.

Granted, we still have a small sample size of games when we actually have a healthy, "whole" offense. But, like I've been saying, it's not just the playcalling. We've known from the start that Taggart is a Harbaugh disciple, and it's kind of showing.
This will sound crazy to some, but Taggart needs a Helfrich/nerd type at OC. I'm not a fan of what Taggart/Arroyo have been coming up with as far as designing easy plays for the offense and attacking the defense and what they are trying to do. Their ability to recognize the defense and adjust is not at a high level and that doesn't have anything to do with the Jimmie's and Joe's. We don't need to go back to a full compliment of these guys on the staff, but they do have their place and it's obvious we're missing that on offense.

The OC he needs is Troy Walters. I don't expect Cristabal to be here more that 1-2 years, when he leaves I like to get a real OC.
vegasdom
Three Star Recruit

Re: #11 WSU @ Oregon (Oct. 7, Sat 5 PM FOX)

Post by vegasdom »

Its not the OCs. The QBs are not even close to Division 1 material. I thought the play calling was bad last game but the coaches have very little to work with especially against a good defense.