Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 14, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Stanford (Oct. 14, Sat 8 PM FS1)

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Guess we’ll all have to agree to disagree. After hearing NFL analysts and scouts analyze a QB’s ability to avoid injuries for the last few years I just thought fans would place more importance on it. I get injuries happen and Herbert isn’t the only one to suffer avoidable injuries, but I just feel like by now QB’s should know better than to make themselves vulnerable to big hits and injuries. And I was at that Wyoming game when Mariota dove, that was IMO boneheaded of him too.
Have you ever played competitive sports? All of these posts you come off as being sour that Herbert is injured and needing to place blame somewhere so you put it on him.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

Ok we lost, but so did every team in the Pac12 that I despise. UW, OSU, Utah and UCLA.

Like I said in another thread, this is a transition year. We don't have quality depth and injuries are killing us. Sounds like we'll be without 2 offensive lineman for UCLA so rather than hope for a win I'm just hoping for no more injuries.

As always,

Go Ducks!!!
Bigwaved
Four Star Recruit

Post by Bigwaved »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Ok we lost, but so did every team in the Pac12 that I despise. UW, OSU, Utah and UCLA.

Like I said in another thread, this is a transition year. We don't have quality depth and injuries are killing us. Sounds like we'll be without 2 offensive lineman for UCLA so rather than hope for a win I'm just hoping for no more injuries.

As always,

Go Ducks!!!
I think we will have to see regarding the players who have the concussion symptoms. They may or may not be cleared per the protocol in time. Each one is different.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Guess we’ll all have to agree to disagree. After hearing NFL analysts and scouts analyze a QB’s ability to avoid injuries for the last few years I just thought fans would place more importance on it. I get injuries happen and Herbert isn’t the only one to suffer avoidable injuries, but I just feel like by now QB’s should know better than to make themselves vulnerable to big hits and injuries. And I was at that Wyoming game when Mariota dove, that was IMO boneheaded of him too.
Have you ever played competitive sports? All of these posts you come off as being sour that Herbert is injured and needing to place blame somewhere so you put it on him.
This whole “have you ever played competitive sports?” question is nonsense. I played high school basketball but I never was a high level college QB with NFL potential, so I guess I never walked a day in Herbert’s shoes. I’m so confused cause I’m not saying anything crazy. Are you going to say these last two games would’ve been the same with Herbert? And are you going to deny that NFL scouts place a huge importance on a QB’s ability to avoid injuries? There is an art to staying healthy as a QB these days, and it’s an art all high level college QB’s need to learn to be successful in the NFL. Good QB’s who don’t know that art won’t make it, and we’ve already seen examples of that.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

Everythingsducky wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens with Royce the remainder of the season. One side says he is a stud for coming back, and showing his awesome running capabilities. The devil on the shoulder says this season is already in the tank, and he won’t be playing under the bright lights anytime soon, and he is playing for nothing, plus Love is killing him in conference stats. What does he have to gain at this point?
Dude's gotta be frustrated when he rips off huge runs that get called back for dumb penalties.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

OregonFan4Life wrote: This whole “have you ever played competitive sports?” question is nonsense. I played high school basketball but I never was a high level college QB with NFL potential, so I guess I never walked a day in Herbert’s shoes. I’m so confused cause I’m not saying anything crazy. Are you going to say these last two games would’ve been the same with Herbert? And are you going to deny that NFL scouts place a huge importance on a QB’s ability to avoid injuries? There is an art to staying healthy as a QB these days, and it’s an art all high level college QB’s need to learn to be successful in the NFL. Good QB’s who don’t know that art won’t make it, and we’ve already seen examples of that.
No it's not and you're telling me that you've never dived for a loose ball at risk of injury to yourself?

There is no art to avoiding injuries okay. That is saying something crazy by the way.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

EncinitasDuck wrote:Ok we lost, but so did every team in the Pac12 that I despise. UW, OSU, Utah and UCLA.

As always,

Go Ducks!!!
This is a very good perspective! Thanks for posting this. Though a bowl game would be very fun this year!
Cedar Tree
Three Star Recruit

Post by Cedar Tree »

I know Maroita once took sliding lessons from the Ducks baseball squad; sometime in between his Sophomore and Junior years IIRC. If I were the coach, I'd have all my QBs do this. Get them supremely comfortable with sliding.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

As always,

Go Ducks!!!
Good perspective. All everyone's talking about is the Herbert injury but if you look at the depth chart we have walk-ons and true freshman playing at most positions. On defense ILB, S, CB, and DT all have one or multiple. There's just only so much you can expect from a team in this situation. Herbert's injury was obviously the straw that broke the camel's back but there were a lot of straws.

There are things like Taggart's play-calling and game planning that concern me but I don't know that it's fair to make an indictment at this point.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

I want Burmeister to trust his O line and he is not doing that. THey mostly give him lots of time but he makes decisions too quicklly and things go awry. Another second or two making a better read would be great for the team. No need to rush or try to be a hero.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

First Down. Touch Down. Or get down. He was at the goal line, he is going to put in full effort. drop it.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

rockthief wrote:I want Burmeister to trust his O line and he is not doing that. THey mostly give him lots of time but he makes decisions too quicklly and things go awry. Another second or two making a better read would be great for the team. No need to rush or try to be a hero.
Good perception, Rock. His internal clock is a little too tightly would. His WR are still in the early stages of their routes and he’s already abandon his post.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Also add to the mix is his locking on his receivers, defenders only have to watch his eyes to
know where he's going to throw the ball. Something a lot of young qb's do.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

On to basketball season!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13