Fans Leaving Early

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pdxmallard
Two Star Recruit

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Post by pdxmallard »

I understand the idea that fans appear to be bailing on our team when we leave early during an obvious loss, but does the same principle apply to a win, or are we talking about some kind of sacrifice for losing?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I have a friend who lives in Gresham. He goes to every home game. Drives down the day of
game and drives home same day on Saturdays. He also works in the am on Sundays.
He leaves early when game is no longer in doubt early to hopefully gain
a couple of extra hours of sleep. He does not like to leave early but he also says
he paid for tickets, gas, and food so he has that right. Now if he did not have to work on
Sundays he would usually stay no matter what.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote: But if it's raining, bring a poncho!
I'm never shocked by the sheer amount of people who live on the western half of the state who do not have adequate rain gear. Let me also take this moment for those of you who live in Portland to tell you about the terrible service I once received from Andy and Bax. Smug warning on SE 7th.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Duck07 wrote:
I'm never shocked by the sheer amount of people who live on the western half of the state who do not have adequate rain gear. Let me also take this moment for those of you who live in Portland to tell you about the terrible service I once received from Andy and Bax. Smug warning on SE 7th.
Rain gear is considered a sign of weakness to REAL Oregonians.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

This is a snooze argument. Stay if you want, leave if you want. It does not matter. Nothing matters.

The USA is not going to the world cup.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I've never had a problem with hats and jackets, but umbrellas are for out-of-towners.

Personally, I treat rainy games as I do rainy runs -- I'm fine with "warm and wet" (lol) if that means my jersey isn't covered up by a raincoat. I usually go with a thermal fleece shirt with additional layers and a hat/jersey and gloves.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
AutzenMember
Five Star Recruit

Post by AutzenMember »

Duck24 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Lack of rain gear hints at not being a REAL Oregonian (at least not one of the smart, born and bred Oregonians). Lack of preparedness is a true weakness. ;)