Fans Leaving Early

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

GrantDuck
Senior

Fans Leaving Early

Post by GrantDuck »

Probably not folks on this board, but please encourage our fellow duck fans to stay as late as possible. If there's an emergency or they have a young child or something, I understand, but otherwise keep your butt in the seat until the end of the game.

Embarrassing as a fan base to have that happen and the players to feel bad about that.

Go Ducks.
wlduck
Sophomore

Re: Fans Leaving Early

Post by wlduck »

I drive home to Portland. I'll leave when I want to, especially for night games.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

^^^What he said.^^^

When it’s 30-10, the game is going like it was last night and a three hour traffic filled drive home is upcoming, I’ll leave as early as I want. Call it what you want it, but I’ve spent enough hours in post game traffic, trying not to doze off after a 7:30PM kickoff, getting home at 2AM or later. If I can leave at the end of the 3rd quarter in a game that’s out of hand and cut my drive in half, catch ya later Eugene.
GoDucksIn09
Senior

Post by GoDucksIn09 »

A lot of fans across the country will leave early if the game is out of hand and the team are cheering for is losing by 2 or more touchdowns and shows no hope of coming back. This is not Joey Harrington. Someone said on a different thread that the fans leaving earlier is a statement to the coaches of disgust with the play. I had season tickets for 16 years. I was at the monsoon game against Cal. Had a 2 hr drive to get home and it still took me another 90 minutes to dry out after changing. Not realistic to expect fans to sit through the whole game of that. In a perfect world fans would stay... but am pretty sure at some point in the second half most in the stadium and most watching the game knew Oregon was not winning this one.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I will never leave a game early or turn it off early but that’s my choice. I won’t blame someone else for leaving early if they choose to do that. They paid for the tickets, they have the right to leave early if they want to.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I will never leave a game early or turn it off early but that’s my choice. I won’t blame someone else for leaving early if they choose to do that. They paid for the tickets, they have the right to leave early if they want to.
^^^What he said...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
pac10ducks
High School Drop Out

Post by pac10ducks »

I have been going to games since I was young and I will say this last week was some of the worst I have seen Duck fans! First, as it comes to leaving games early I always prefer to staying until the end, but my elderly mom and 2 young nephews were ready to leave as it takes them a long time to walk to the car and new it was over with 11 minutes left in the game and they didn't want to walk back alone in the dark so I left with them. For that I guess I am a bad fan to some. I never doubt a fans worth if they leave early as they all have lives, responsibilities and duties outside of the games and it's not me to judge them as I don't know the reason why they are leaving early especially on later games.

To add a note about the worst Duck fans have been. As I entered the game I went to talk to a friend about 10 feet in front of the end of line and about 8 Duck fans wanted to fight me/cursed me because I was cutting. Well I wasn't I just had to say a quick comment to my buddy for after game plans. Even though I told the people that they didn't relax until I walked back after talking. There were 2 more instances of Duck fans being jerks in lines all night. Very disappointed in people at the game. We are all there to have a great time and cheer on our team. People need to relax some and take life in instead of thinking only about themselves. PS even if I did want to cut, which I didn't, it would have cost the people say 2 seconds....just wanted to add some comments. Go Ducks!
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

Autzen hasn't had the Juice since the USC Halloween game. But that game was also on a whole nother level.
Return Of the Quack!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

Get that idiot Larry Scott to schedule earlier games, and there is no conversation. He is the genesis of these late games, call him out. When a large amount of commuters from the Portland area expect to get home at 2am for late games, what do you expect? It’s not like people in eastern time zones are watching PAC 12 games as late as they are anyways. As a Duck season ticket holder for 40 years, I’m sick and tired of these late games. Keep scheduling these late games, and soon there will be empty stadiums. After 40 years, I’m considering giving up my seats with this bullshit.
Last edited by Everythingsducky on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Everythingsducky wrote:Get that idiot Larry Scott to schedule earlier games, and there is no conversation. He is the genesis of these late games, call him out. When a large amount of commuters from the Portland area expect to get home at 2am for late games, what do you expect?
I came here to post just this. Autzen in it's heyday was hosting mostly noon kick games. The occasional night game (USC on Halloween) is one thing but at some point the constant night games are going to kill the atmosphere.
Duckattack7
Five Star Recruit

Post by Duckattack7 »

I personally think the night games are the best other then getting home at 2am.
Return Of the Quack!
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

And, by the way, I stayed until the final gun. Have to say, part of it was that the stadium was 80% cleared out by then, and planned to get a final beverage at Rennie’s while traffic died down anyway. Would rather come down, have breakfast at the Glenwood, tailgate for an hour or so, game time, and be home for dinner. If OSewe plays at home, tailgate post game, head to Taylor’s or Rennie’s while traffic settles. Late games leave little options, and I would almost rather sit on my couch and watch it on TV. BTW, I have almost no voice left after screaming all game, so I’m not an indifferent fan.
Sooth
Four Star Recruit

Post by Sooth »

It's really sad what has happened to Autzen.

When I was younger I used to yell to the point where I was physically ill for 3 days afterward - and I could barely even hear myself in the sea of noise that was Autzen Stadium. It was just insane.

Now, due to chronic health issues, I'm at like 10-15% of what I used to be and I'm noticeably louder than most everyone else in my section. I mean to the point where people are actually turning around and commenting on how loud I am. At certain points in the game, when the game is far from decided, it is like me and a couple other people in the section that are making any noise at all.

How in the hell has the quality of Oregon's fan base fallen this far?

As far as leaving early and the night game issue. Hey, if you don't want to go to a night game then give your tickets to someone who does. It's really that simple.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

Sooth wrote:It's really sad what has happened to Autzen.

When I was younger I used to yell to the point where I was physically ill for 3 days afterward - and I could barely even hear myself in the sea of noise that was Autzen Stadium. It was just insane.

Now, due to chronic health issues, I'm at like 10-15% of what I used to be and I'm noticeably louder than most everyone else in my section. I mean to the point where people are actually turning around and commenting on how loud I am. At certain points in the game, when the game is far from decided, it is like me and a couple other people in the section that are making any noise at all.

How in the hell has the quality of Oregon's fan base fallen this far?

As far as leaving early and the night game issue. Hey, if you don't want to go to a night game then give your tickets to someone who does. It's really that simple.
Umm, I will be as polite as I can in response to you. It's not your place to tell me or anyone else what to do with the tickets I pay for. It's really that simple.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Sooth wrote:How in the hell has the quality of Oregon's fan base fallen this far?
Where have you been the last 10 years? The crowds started sucking right around the time Chip started winning by 35 every game and Ducks games became the cool thing to do. You’ll have the occasional great crowd but nothing has been close to the “good old days”. The USC Halloween game and Michigan State in 2014 was about as good as it has been the last 10 years.
Sooth wrote:As far as leaving early and the night game issue. Hey, if you don't want to go to a night game then give your tickets to someone who does. It's really that simple.
What a crock of s***. It’s not that people don’t want to go to night games. We don’t want to drive home three hours in traffic, trying not to doze off and get into bed at 2AM or later. If Eugene had hotels within walking distance of Autzen, I’d gladly stay the night but such is life.