BRIGHT SPOT!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

BRIGHT SPOT!!

Post by picksix »

Washington LOST!! That being said, we have QB's who can not throw, play calling painfully predictable, PATHETIC penalties, defense that should not be giving up this many points. I'm more than willing to give this coaching staff a few years to implement their systems, but attention to detail (i.e penalties ) is coachable NOW. In practice are they practicing the passing game at all?? I mean if he can't throw the long ball right now ok, but why not throw some 10 yard routes? Running almost EVERY play is ridiculous. I get that BB is a true frosh and I give him leeway on some growing pains, but we have to start passing more even if it leads to an interception... throw 5 and 10 yard routes, BUT we can't keep running every play.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Re: BRIGHT SPOT!!

Post by dphi »

picksix wrote:Washington LOST!! That being said, we have QB's who can not throw, play calling painfully predictable, PATHETIC penalties, defense that should not be giving up this many points. I'm more than willing to give this coaching staff a few years to implement their systems, but attention to detail (i.e penalties ) is coachable NOW. In practice are they practicing the passing game at all?? I mean if he can't throw the long ball right now ok, but why not throw some 10 yard routes? Running almost EVERY play is ridiculous. I get that BB is a true frosh and I give him leeway on some growing pains, but we have to start passing more even if it leads to an interception... throw 5 and 10 yard routes, BUT we can't keep running every play.
They obviously run pass plays in practice. You may recall they threw some pass plays in the mix early against Stanford but turnovers killed BB's confidence. Taggart also commented that BB wouldn't have gotten the start if he played that way during practice. He's just not ready for the big stage, only thing that will get him there is more playing time. We put up a healthy amount of rushing yards despite facing stacked boxes, so it's hard to be too critical of play calling that was working (when not being called back on penalties.)
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

picksix wrote:Washington LOST!! That being said, we have QB's who can not throw, play calling painfully predictable, PATHETIC penalties, defense that should not be giving up this many points. I'm more than willing to give this coaching staff a few years to implement their systems, but attention to detail (i.e penalties ) is coachable NOW. In practice are they practicing the passing game at all?? I mean if he can't throw the long ball right now ok, but why not throw some 10 yard routes? Running almost EVERY play is ridiculous. I get that BB is a true frosh and I give him leeway on some growing pains, but we have to start passing more even if it leads to an interception... throw 5 and 10 yard routes, BUT we can't keep running every play.
Burmo has deer in the headlights syndrome. I bet he's ok in practice.

Imagine being 18, new city, away from family for first time, prepared to redshirt, now playing qb in a new system with dudes you've known for two months in a huge stadium on national television
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

The guy clearly isn't ready, but has some impressive tools. Unfortunately the preseason transfers put him in a spot where he had to be thrown into the fire. If he can get even a little bit of footing under him hopefully it will build his confidence.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

The first INT last night was on the receiver. He has to go up and get that ball or at least go on defense and make sure the CB doesn't have a shot. The 2nd was all BB. I think at this point Taggart should just say WTF and let the kid throw. Yes, he's going to throw some INTs but not letting him throw at all after the 2nd INT was crazy.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

EncinitasDuck wrote:The first INT last night was on the receiver. He has to go up and get that ball or at least go on defense and make sure the CB doesn't have a shot. The 2nd was all BB. I think at this point Taggart should just say WTF and let the kid throw. Yes, he's going to throw some INTs but not letting him throw at all after the 2nd INT was crazy.
That second INT was an incredibly athletic play by the LB...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Great we've officially switched spots with UW fans. They used to be the ones who cheated our loses even when they got their teeth kicked in.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I thought our running game looked good?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

woundedknees wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:The first INT last night was on the receiver. He has to go up and get that ball or at least go on defense and make sure the CB doesn't have a shot. The 2nd was all BB. I think at this point Taggart should just say WTF and let the kid throw. Yes, he's going to throw some INTs but not letting him throw at all after the 2nd INT was crazy.
That second INT was an incredibly athletic play by the LB...
Yeah, when they were making plays like that, I knew we were in for a long night.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

100% agree. What do you have to lose at this point??? They are going to have to throw the ball if they want any shot win another game before Herbert gets back. I hear this talk about confidence, but what does that say when you don’t let the kid throw the ball??

My message would be.....”it sucks that you are in this position and have to learn everything on the job. We understand you are going to make some mistakes and we will try and learn from those mistakes. Don’t worry about the interceptions just try and make the best play you can make out there.”
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I would have 4 messages...

To BB - You are QB1 and I have your back, now go out have fun, play your game and above all protect the football

To OL - I'm putting this game on you. You have to give our QB time to throw the ball and continue to open holes for the running game as you have been. No go out and kick some Bruin a$$

To RBs - Bruins give up 320 yds/game on the ground. We're Oregon so I expect 400+ if that's what it takes for us to win this game

To receivers - get open quickly and when you catch the ball run like you stole it
Duck4Ever
Three Star Recruit

Post by Duck4Ever »

I really hope they start getting Benoit way more work than what he is getting, this next game would be a good time for that...