Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Post by OregonFan4Life »

droop10 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Proud of the defense for standing strong there! That shows a lot of character.
Weird. You said they quit and Willie lost them just 3 pages ago.
They quit on that play, but they bounced back, so glad to see they responded well after quitting for a short period.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:If Herbert is ready to play and wt ain’t playing him...is he trying to get him to transfer or what? That seems just petty to me if true.
Where are you coming up with this idea that he wouldn't play Herbert if he were healthy? You think he wants to get blown out in this game?
No, but if Herbert has been cleared to play and not just practice then I think it's a bit of gamesmanship on his part. He knows it's a tough shot anyways with Herbert in so he can keep him out until Arizona and use the fact that he didn't have his starting QB for that game in year one vs the poodles as far as recruiting and selling himself and the program.
So, if Herbert were to have played tonight he may have re-injured his shoulder and not been available for last 2 games, both of which are winnable. That would make us 7-5. Get a bowl game. Extra practice. We beat OSU with BB. WT is definitely being conservative. That may be why he wouldn't play Herbert if healthy. Having a winning season and bowl game after last year would not be bad. With time BB may get better or Shough will pass him next year as back-up. It was unrealistic to think we would challenge for PAC-12 title. With a year to get a feel for the program and the fabulous recruiting job I expect a lot of improvement will happen next year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Ugly game. I miss the dynamic offense more than ever right now.
trnxcam
Three Star Recruit

Post by trnxcam »

So the announcers are talking about this being an impressive win by UW. I don't agree. I don't think UW is playoff worthy. Especially if we are the first real test for them. The fact that we ran the ball on them well with them knowing we cannot pass AT ALL?

UW does not impress me.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Hey they won the time of possession battle!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

trnxcam wrote:So the announcers are talking about this being an impressive win by UW. I don't agree. I don't think UW is playoff worthy. Especially if we are the first real test for them. The fact that we ran the ball on them well with them knowing we cannot pass AT ALL?

UW does not impress me.
That’s what announcers are supposed to say.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Still waiting for Taggert to make a second half adjustment, that's with and without Herbert.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

trnxcam wrote:So the announcers are talking about this being an impressive win by UW. I don't agree. I don't think UW is playoff worthy. Especially if we are the first real test for them. The fact that we ran the ball on them well with them knowing we cannot pass AT ALL?

UW does not impress me.
Good post. Our running game is a bright spot.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duck58 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
droop10 wrote:
duckfan96 wrote:If Herbert is ready to play and wt ain’t playing him...is he trying to get him to transfer or what? That seems just petty to me if true.
Where are you coming up with this idea that he wouldn't play Herbert if he were healthy? You think he wants to get blown out in this game?
No, but if Herbert has been cleared to play and not just practice then I think it's a bit of gamesmanship on his part. He knows it's a tough shot anyways with Herbert in so he can keep him out until Arizona and use the fact that he didn't have his starting QB for that game in year one vs the poodles as far as recruiting and selling himself and the program.
So, if Herbert were to have played tonight he may have re-injured his shoulder and not been available for last 2 games, both of which are winnable. That would make us 7-5. Get a bowl game. Extra practice. We beat OSU with BB. WT is definitely being conservative. That may be why he wouldn't play Herbert if healthy. Having a winning season and bowl game after last year would not be bad. With time BB may get better or Shough will pass him next year as back-up. It was unrealistic to think we would challenge for PAC-12 title. With a year to get a feel for the program and the fabulous recruiting job I expect a lot of improvement will happen next year.
A hit that would take Herbert out tonight wouldn't make a difference if that same hit was in either of those games though. If Shough doesn't beat out BB we better hope one of the coaches kids is legit or were in the same spot. I expect improvements going forward, just not a lot to go off of for BB sadly.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

31 yards passing and 1 interception for Burmeister. Is there a negative quarterback rating? Terrible, just bad and worse than last game.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I hate to say this and it hurts, but Washington has one dang good defense. I know it’s easy to stop a one dimensional offense, but they are fast and hard hitting. They look like Bama.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

rockthief wrote:31 yards passing and 1 interception for Burmeister. Is there a negative quarterback rating? Terrible, just bad and worse than last game.
And weren’t all of those passing yards from screens? And don’t forget all of the dropped snaps. He’s been regressing which is scary.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
rockthief wrote:31 yards passing and 1 interception for Burmeister. Is there a negative quarterback rating? Terrible, just bad and worse than last game.
And weren’t all of those passing yards from screens?
No there was a pass to breeland in the 1st
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

FlDuckFan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Gotcha, thanks.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

FlDuckFan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

So there is hope. hahaha! Ugh.