Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

shoparound
Four Star Recruit

Re: Oregon @ Washington (Nov. 4, Sat 7 PM FS1)

Post by shoparound »

I hate to say it but unless BB makes a DRAMATIC improvement next year, no way should he be a back up. I just don't see anything that would make him useful, other than being mobile. High school age/freshman or not, there's no real flashes of brilliance and nothing real special on him.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

rockthief wrote:31 yards passing and 1 interception for Burmeister. Is there a negative quarterback rating? Terrible, just bad and worse than last game.
And it has gotten continually worse, if that is even possible. I fully agree,with Suke on the game. If ur down 30 points in the 3rd quarter, and you are continually running read option, you aren’t giving yourself a chance. I loathe the possible losing mentality Willy may be instilling in this team. You have to at least make an EFFORT to win, or show your team you are trying to win. Let your QB THROW the ball downfield. I will not listen to anyone that tells me he doesn’t feel comfortable. A good coach will give him the green light, especially in these circumstances. Braxton was Willy’s recruit. If he has no confidence in him, that is on Willy.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

shoparound wrote:I hate to say it but unless BB makes a DRAMATIC improvement next year, no way should he be a back up. I just don't see anything that would make him useful, other than being mobile. High school age/freshman or not, there's no real flashes of brilliance and nothing real special on him.
Yes, no flashes of good skill whatsoever. Bummer for him, the team, and for us fans.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

ya people getting on Willie play calling, but for the most part I don't think its on him. Braxton just isn't ready and he doesn't have much of a chance when teams know they only have to stop the run.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

Don't forget this was the guy spent all this effort flipping after he got hired so it is a little on him
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

brich75 wrote:Man if I were a 5star receiver thinking about Oregon. After the last 5 weeks no way I would go to Oregon. Recievers don't even get a shot .
Why? With Herbert back and Shough coming in, the situation will change. And BB can and probably will improve. Came into fall camp as a true freshman after flipping. If I were a 5 star receiver I would choose Oregon, since the future looks good for receivers there.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

trnxcam wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
rockthief wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
rockthief wrote:yes
Is this in reply to my question about if Herbert practiced with the 1’s?
oops, yes it is. So yes.
OK that’s what I thought. Just very confused as to what happened. I was told he was cleared for last week and this week so I’m guessing it’s Willie’s choices. I sure hope Willie has a good reason for sitting him, cause I believe If your best players are cleared to play, you play them any game. Coaches are supposed to believe their players will win any game. If Willie did sit Herbert cause he thought they were gonna lose so he’d save Herbert for Zona, then that’s really bad to me. Of course no idea what the reasoning is, I’d be curious to see why it is.
You've been given false information. He was cleared to practice. Not cleared for game. Might want to check your sources.
100% correct. Was cleared to practice NOT PLAY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

I heard Jerry Allen say in the post-game that Herbert thought he was healthy enough to play and the coaches disagreed.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:I heard Jerry Allen say in the post-game that Herbert thought he was healthy enough to play and the coaches disagreed.
Lol maybe my rumor is gaining ground! Just kidding.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Didn't Sark hold out Locker against the Ducks one year, so he'd be healthy and rested for the final 3 game stretch? (which they won and went to a bowl) Didn't think he could beat Oregon with or without him.

Am I rembering that right?
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I hate to say this and it hurts, but Washington has one dang good defense. I know it’s easy to stop a one dimensional offense, but they are fast and hard hitting. They look like Bama.
In only loss, they gave up only 13pts to ASU. Browning and the Offense had a terrible game. Only once to UCLA did they allow more than 20(23). I know we don't like UW, but they are the most underrated team in CFB. Clemson loses to Syracuse and still ranked #4.
Oregon Ownage
All-American
GM: Dallas Mavericks

Post by Oregon Ownage »

Oregon Ownage wrote:No chance in hell this team goes to Washington and wins. Lets be real folks
Game played out like I thought it would. Bye week came at a great time
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

duck58 wrote:
brich75 wrote:Man if I were a 5star receiver thinking about Oregon. After the last 5 weeks no way I would go to Oregon. Recievers don't even get a shot .
Why? With Herbert back and Shough coming in, the situation will change. And BB can and probably will improve. Came into fall camp as a true freshman after flipping. If I were a 5 star receiver I would choose Oregon, since the future looks good for receivers there.
I think BB will be much improved next year. It's actually pretty uncommon for a true freshman to be thrown into a starting role and have immediate success. That's not to mention our schedule since he took over. Stanford, WSU and UW would have been tough games even if Herbert had started, though I think we might have beaten WSU and likely would have beaten UCLA with Herbert. This learning experience is going to help him a LOT in the future. That is, as long as he can keep his head up and takeaway the positive things he's done and not let it shake his self confidence.
John 3:36
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

cordy02c wrote:Don't forget this was the guy spent all this effort flipping after he got hired so it is a little on him
It didn't take much effort honestly. He would have been a duck long before if he had an offer. The guy WT spent a lot of time trying to get was Tui.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

We essentially have a below average RB playing QB right now. I was actually impressed by how competitive the Ducks were with zero passing attack. We didn't even attempt a pass longer than 10 yards until well into the 3rd quarter and still ran the ball with success against a nationally top 2 run defense. Freeman was the first 100 yard back they've allowed all season and he had 100 yards by the 3rd Q.

If Benoit wouldn't have fumbled on that 2nd possession I think the games goes a bit differently. We were rolling on that drive and would likely have gone up 10-0, at the very least 6-0, and still been in control. That fumble though, followed by the Pettis TD return, ended the game. The Ducks knew they had no margin for error and two massive errors later they had no shot of keeping pace with UW.

If we had a QB who could actually pass last night then we're in that game until the end. I was not impressed with UW. It's taken Oregon fielding their worst teams in 20 years for UW to string together consecutive wins.