Taggart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

picksix
Three Star Recruit

Taggart

Post by picksix »

NO WAY he'd take the Florida job!! He's building something good here in Eugene. Or would he??
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Taggart

Post by OregonFan4Life »

A lot of rumors going around that he’s going to Florida, but I doubt they’re true at all. I won’t say he won’t go to Florida, but I’ll say it’s very unlikely. If he does, welcome back Chip!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:A lot of rumors going around that he’s going to Florida, but I doubt they’re true at all. I won’t say he won’t go to Florida, but I’ll say it’s very unlikely. If he does, welcome back Chip!

he's not leaving and no to Chip that era has already sailed....
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, I've kinda soured on Chip, TBH.

I don't think Taggart leaves FWIW.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Florida would be a tough job for him to turn down but I'm not sure if he'd uproot his family again so shortly after getting them settled here.

This is what makes me slightly worried: http://footballscoop.com/news/willie-ta ... available/
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

duckfan22 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:A lot of rumors going around that he’s going to Florida, but I doubt they’re true at all. I won’t say he won’t go to Florida, but I’ll say it’s very unlikely. If he does, welcome back Chip!

Chip with Leavitt and Joe? Idk man, that sounds awfully fun but Chip's got a show-cause penalty first.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duck07 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:

Chip with Leavitt and Joe? Idk man, that sounds awfully fun but Chip's got a show-cause penalty first.
But I think that's since lapsed because it was an 18-month show cause penalty from the time the sanctions were announced.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

greenyellow wrote: But I think that's since lapsed because it was an 18-month show cause penalty from the time the sanctions were announced.
I thought it was like Tressel in that not coaching didn't start the clock.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

They just fired the most successful coach they have had since the glory days. Taggart would be on the hot seat by the end of the first year. They have no patience and even less loyalty. Outside of returning home, I don't see how Florida is a more appealing job than Oregon.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Chip's show cause sanction has expired.

I'd welcome back Chip with open arms. He isn't a gimmick coach. He's just not a good NFL coach. As a college coach, though, he was fantastic. Maybe not the shrewd recruiter that WT seems to be, but his Oregon classes were solid and he'd be as good of a hire as anyone.

Seriously... if we're serious about wanting a championship, why wouldn't we want a coach like Chip Kelly? I think WT is a good hire so far, but really, what we're hoping is that he turns out to be as good of a coach as Chip. So why wouldn't we be excited about cutting out the questions and just hiring Chip?

Again, not saying I want to replace WT with Chip. Overall, I like WT so far. Just saying, I think Chip did enough for this program that he's entitled to some enthusiasm and respect... and I wouldn't say that about anyone else.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Dont get me wrong, I liked Chip. What he did here was amazing. But he also was not open
to the fans. Everything was behind closed doors. Remember he got us sanctions. He was
also very hard headed calling plays. But he was also an innovator He changed the landscape
of college football. But everyone is doing that now. Dc's are now sceaming against it.
The recruiting is what worrys me the most. He does not like to recruit. Willie on the other
hand is all about recruiting. But hey im a duck fan..been through the lean years and will remain
a duck fan forever. Will be buried in green and yellow.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

Speculation season has begun early. An entire article based on how friendly his buyout is.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

pezsez1 wrote:Chip's show cause sanction has expired.

I'd welcome back Chip with open arms. He isn't a gimmick coach. He's just not a good NFL coach. As a college coach, though, he was fantastic. Maybe not the shrewd recruiter that WT seems to be, but his Oregon classes were solid and he'd be as good of a hire as anyone.

Seriously... if we're serious about wanting a championship, why wouldn't we want a coach like Chip Kelly? I think WT is a good hire so far, but really, what we're hoping is that he turns out to be as good of a coach as Chip. So why wouldn't we be excited about cutting out the questions and just hiring Chip?

Again, not saying I want to replace WT with Chip. Overall, I like WT so far. Just saying, I think Chip did enough for this program that he's entitled to some enthusiasm and respect... and I wouldn't say that about anyone else.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Moseley Tweet moments ago: "Taggart on Florida rumors: 'The only AD I've been contacted by is Rob Mullens. I'm committed to the University of Oregon.'"
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Greenblood wrote:Moseley Tweet moments ago: "Taggart on Florida rumors: 'The only AD I've been contacted by is Rob Mullens. I'm committed to the University of Oregon.'"
meaningless. all initial contacts would be through his agent anyway.