Taggart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Taggart

Post by pezsez1 »

How important is winning to WT? I know this is a business, and coaches often make business decisions. But dang... you look at the young talent on our roster, and Oregon's top-ranked class coming in, and the fact the Pac-12 is surprisingly not top heavy -- and not nearly as top-heavy as the SEC -- and there's a clear path here for Taggart to do something special sooner rather than later.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

If Florida was smart they'd throw Saban money at Chris Petersen. Or they could save a couple mil and get Leach. Doesn't leach have an off-season home in Florida anyway?
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

I would think Willie has to come out and say something just for recruiting. I'm sure all the guys that commited to Oregon because of coach T will be waivering if they think he is jumping ship.,
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:If Florida was smart they'd throw Saban money at Chris Petersen. Or they could save a couple mil and get Leach. Doesn't leach have an off-season home in Florida anyway?
Leach and smart don't go together.

Also, how TF is Willie's buyout so small?
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

brich75 wrote:I would think Willie has to come out and say something just for recruiting. I'm sure all the guys that commited to Oregon because of coach T will be waivering if they think he is jumping ship.,
This is the most important aspect of Taggart even being connected to the Florida job. The push for recruiting is going to hit big time soon, with the early signing period. FWIW, according to several members of the press, Taggart seems to be sincere that his attention is on the Washington game.
srduck
Three Star Recruit

Post by srduck »

Duck07 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:A lot of rumors going around that he’s going to Florida, but I doubt they’re true at all. I won’t say he won’t go to Florida, but I’ll say it’s very unlikely. If he does, welcome back Chip!

he's not leaving and no to Chip that era has already sailed....
Chip with Leavitt and Joe? Idk man, that sounds awfully fun but Chip's got a show-cause penalty first.
no he does not. It expired in December of 2014. Show/cause penalties do not last a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Canzano tweet: "Oregon Ducks coach Willie Taggart tells me: 'My agent has not talked to anyone (at Florida)' either. Don’t get the sense he’s into it."
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Ya gotta love the rumor mill....Keeps this place going
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:A lot of rumors going around that he’s going to Florida, but I doubt they’re true at all. I won’t say he won’t go to Florida, but I’ll say it’s very unlikely. If he does, welcome back Chip!
Sorry but this begs the question, what is your fascination with Chip coming back?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't think OregonFan is "fascinated" by Chip coming back. I think he's just saying that if Taggart were to leave right now -- which would probably do more short-term harm than good -- then Chip would probably be the most likely person to replace him. And that would be a good thing.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Chip already rejected us within the last 12 months. Let's move on.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phenom wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:If Florida was smart they'd throw Saban money at Chris Petersen. Or they could save a couple mil and get Leach. Doesn't leach have an off-season home in Florida anyway?
Leach and smart don't go together.

Also, how TF is Willie's buyout so small?

I've heard rumors connecting Arkansas to Leach
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

Phenom wrote:Chip already rejected us within the last 12 months. Let's move on.
To be fair Chip had a job when he rejected us, he doesn't now.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:Chip already rejected us within the last 12 months. Let's move on.
To be fair Chip had a job when he rejected us, he doesn't now.
Chips. Knot coming!
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Also, taggert has not talk to anyone, simply because at this point of the season only agents can talk to he'd hunters. Taggert has also said he's committed to the duck.......... Taggert to Florida.....nope period!