Taggart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

lawduck
Two Star Recruit

Re: Taggart

Post by lawduck »

It’s mostly Ducks they are interested in, eh?

https://www.facebook.com/collegegameday ... 34/?type=3
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Taggart does seem to fit what Florida is looking for. How much is he currently making and what is the buyout ?
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

I can't see Florida being too interested in Taggart. I'm prsure it's just the media putting a couple of dots together and trying to get clicks. Just as they are doing throwing Frost's name out there, Florida needs a big name, proven coach, not a first year of never has been in the power 5 head coaching club.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Bud Lee wrote:Taggart does seem to fit what Florida is looking for. How much is he currently making and what is the buyout ?
"That says Florida — or anyone else — could pay $3 million up front and get it over with. Or it could prorate the entire buyout over the course of the contract. Three million dollars spread out over 48 months is $62,500 per month."

http://footballscoop.com/news/willie-ta ... available/
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

If I was a Florida fan I think Frost would be my 4th choice out of those guys. He has done well at UCF but he has far less experience than the other guys.
-Taggart has proven to turn teams around and can recruit with the best of them but his in game tactics have always been considered his weakness
- Chip has proven himself in college but his offense isn't as innovative and he doesn't like recruiting
- Mullen is by far the best coach is Miss St history but hasn't done it at the level Florida wants to be at

If I was a Florida fan, I think Chip and Mullen would be my top choices and then Taggart just because I know Willie would get them a top 3-5 class easily each year. Frost may be a home run hire but I'm not sure Florida wants a guy with not much of a track record .
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I sometimes wonder what would have happened had we pulled a Clemson and promoted Frost instead of Helf when Chip left. Would things have been different?

That being said, I love Coach T and am excited to watch him continue to put his mark on our program.

I think what I appreciate most about him is that he is real, genuine and relatable to everyone. The players, the media, the fans and his staff.

When he shared that story about his son texting him, I think most of us as parents could relate to what he was going through.

Being relatable is a vastly underrated quality for leaders in any walk of life.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Even if we had promoted Frost, I don't think they'd have allowed him to promote Chinander to DC over Neal and Pellum. Or, if they had, those guys would have been so pissed(like Neal was with Pellum) at being passed over that the in-fighting would have taken us down. I'm not sure we were in a winnable spot in that scenario unless they had given Frost free reign and autonomy which there's obviously no chance in hindsight that would have happened.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

lawduck wrote:It’s mostly Ducks they are interested in, eh?

Pretty crazy that three of the top four coaching prospects are current/former ducks coaches.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
lawduck wrote:It’s mostly Ducks they are interested in, eh?

Pretty crazy that three of the top four coaching prospects are current/former ducks coaches.

I think they really want to get back to a fast pace spread attack so it makes sense.
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Alan wrote: Florida needs a big name, proven coach, not a first year of never has been in the power 5 head coaching club.

This is the thing though, who are the big names now? You're not getting a coach like Saban, Meyer, Dabo, Harbaugh, or Jimbo to jump ship. Les isn't what they are looking for and I really think Chip is done.

At some point a up and comer is all that you have. After all all of the above guys have been the "new" guy at some point
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Bud Lee wrote:
Alan wrote: Florida needs a big name, proven coach, not a first year of never has been in the power 5 head coaching club.

This is the thing though, who are the big names now? You're not getting a coach like Saban, Meyer, Dabo, Harbaugh, or Jimbo to jump ship. Les isn't what they are looking for and I really think Chip is done.

At some point a up and comer is all that you have. After all all of the above guys have been the "new" guy at some point
I think this is why Stoops retired at Oklahoma, Riley was primed to get a good job this offseason.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Bud Lee wrote:

I agree not going to get Saban, Meyer, Dabo...but take one step down. Oklahoma St coach Gundy, Oklahoma's Riley, Penn st coach Franklin, Huskies coach Peterson...... I also agree, Chip is done, spread is not the new gimmick.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Alan wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

I agree not going to get Saban, Meyer, Dabo...but take one step down. Oklahoma St coach Gundy, Oklahoma's Riley, Penn st coach Franklin, Huskies coach Peterson...... I also agree, Chip is done, spread is not the new gimmick.
They aren't getting any of those coaches either. Florida isn't some dream job compared to those other programs.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

Yeah, come to Florida and get fired after winning your division, because you didn't win it exciting enough. Florida isn't Florida St, Miami, Bama or LSU. They aren't even UGA, but they think they are and they will keep firing good coaches because of it.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Alan wrote:
Bud Lee wrote:

Yeah, come to Florida and get fired after winning your division, because you didn't win it exciting enough. Florida isn't Florida St, Miami, Bama or LSU. They aren't even UGA, but they think they are and they will keep firing good coaches because of it.
Meyer sure had them playing, they have been there before, plus it puspta some coach in the much beloved SEC