Taggart

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Re: Taggart

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
Phenom wrote:Chip already rejected us within the last 12 months. Let's move on.
To be fair Chip had a job when he rejected us, he doesn't now.
Chip is that hot girl you dated in high school you had no business dating, but options were limited in your school. Then one day she figured that out and she was gone. Since then she's had some bad relationships and made some poor life choices and is kind of a mess but still hot in a been-through-the-ringer sort of way. Every time you're single you think, "Oh man, of me and Ashley got back together that would be so rad". You call her up and she says, "You're a really good guy but I just need a little time to figure things out." You walk away thinking, "one day it's gonna happen" not admitting that it's never gonna happen.

You kind of know it's never gonna happen, but she was so hot and what if it did...
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
Chip is that hot girl you dated in high school you had no business dating, but options were limited in your school. Then one day she figured that out and she was gone. Since then she's had some bad relationships and made some poor life choices and is kind of a mess but still hot in a been-through-the-ringer sort of way. Every time you're single you think, "Oh man, of me and Ashley got back together that would be so rad". You call her up and she says, "You're a really good guy but I just need a little time to figure things out." You walk away thinking, "one day it's gonna happen" not admitting that it's never gonna happen.

You kind of know it's never gonna happen, but she was so hot and what if it did...
Best analogy I've read on this board.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

WTF are you even talking about. I married the hot girl. I can't relate to your dating issues.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

WTF are you even talking about. I married the hot girl. I can't relate to your dating issues.
Prove it. ;)
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

I married a couple of them. Neither had storybook endings! LOL
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

Sorry Gpa. I meant "you" in the figurative sense. I didn't mean YOU specifically. Congrats on marrying the hot girl (lucky duck!).
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

Sorry Gpa. I meant "you" in the figurative sense. I didn't mean YOU specifically. Congrats on marrying the hot girl (lucky duck!).
I wasn't actually offended, just never want to miss an opportunity to point out I married the hot girl (now the hot Gram). ;)
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:

I wasn't actually offended, just never want to miss an opportunity to point out I married the hot girl (now the hot Gram). ;)
I'd ask for pictures, but I have one of my own!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

woundedknees wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote: To be fair Chip had a job when he rejected us, he doesn't now.

You have pictures of my wife? Bastard!
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote: Chip is that hot girl you dated in high school you had no business dating, but options were limited in your school. Then one day she figured that out and she was gone. Since then she's had some bad relationships and made some poor life choices and is kind of a mess but still hot in a been-through-the-ringer sort of way. Every time you're single you think, "Oh man, of me and Ashley got back together that would be so rad". You call her up and she says, "You're a really good guy but I just need a little time to figure things out." You walk away thinking, "one day it's gonna happen" not admitting that it's never gonna happen.

LMAO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

EncinitasDuck wrote:I married a couple of them. Neither had storybook endings! LOL
Glad I'm not the only one who got the wrong book.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

pezsez1 wrote:I don't think OregonFan is "fascinated" by Chip coming back. I think he's just saying that if Taggart were to leave right now -- which would probably do more short-term harm than good -- then Chip would probably be the most likely person to replace him. And that would be a good thing.
I tend to agree with most of what you post Pez, but on Chip not so much. Not saying I wouldn't take him. but I prefer an aggressive and successful recruiter for long term success. I think Chip is a good football coach, and in fact think he was more successful in the NFL than given credit for. But his college magic was based on a schematic advantage that just wouldn't be there anymore. Without the scheme advantage, and with no passion for recruiting, I believe he would be just an average coach.

I also don't think he would be most likely to replace Taggart. No facts, just a hunch that all parties have moved on.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

FlDuckFan wrote:
EncinitasDuck wrote:I married a couple of them. Neither had storybook endings! LOL
Glad I'm not the only one who got the wrong book.
I'm older and been through a couple of marriages, I realize now hot isn't that important. Lots more on the table than hot.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

duckduckgoose wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote: WTF are you even talking about. I married the hot girl. I can't relate to your dating issues.
LMAO!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thread of the year!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
woundedknees wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote:
GrandpaDuck wrote:
DuckMastaFunk wrote: Chip is that hot girl you dated in high school you had no business dating, but options were limited in your school. Then one day she figured that out and she was gone. Since then she's had some bad relationships and made some poor life choices and is kind of a mess but still hot in a been-through-the-ringer sort of way. Every time you're single you think, "Oh man, of me and Ashley got back together that would be so rad". You call her up and she says, "You're a really good guy but I just need a little time to figure things out." You walk away thinking, "one day it's gonna happen" not admitting that it's never gonna happen.

Who doesn't?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine