Who will be our feature running back next year?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Who will be our feature running back next year?

Post by buckmarkduck »

Not to come across as putting TBJ down, I'm really not, but no way can he be the featured back. Kid gets hurt every 12 carries, he's got the talent to be the man, but I don't think he can make it all year with 15-20 carries.
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

buckmarkduck wrote:Not to come across as putting TBJ down, I'm really not, but no way can he be the featured back. Kid gets hurt every 12 carries, he's got the talent to be the man, but I don't think he can make it all year with 15-20 carries.
You're probably right. Guy can be a damn good back but he does get hurt every other game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Not to come across as putting TBJ down, I'm really not, but no way can he be the featured back. Kid gets hurt every 12 carries, he's got the talent to be the man, but I don't think he can make it all year with 15-20 carries.
Don't really think we need a feature back. We've done well with two-headed monsters carrying the bulk of the load.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Uncle Phil is gonna bring in Chuck Norris and Jason Statham to teach TBJ how to bounce back from a hit.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Dye with another 300+ yds and 6 tds last night. At 5'11 and judging by his brothers, I'd bet he could put on 10-15lbs by next year. The kid might be the most underrated recruit on the west coast, he is in a year the last month and a half, and he's not doing it against Oregon talent like Tyner did or vs lower level Cali talent. This is vs some of the best in Cali.
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

I don't think we'll have a feature/work horse type for 2018. The order will probably be something along the lines of:

1. TBJ. We all know he's not going to be the every down back due to his fragility, but he's the most talented and experienced. He'll be the starter.

2. Darrian Felix. From what I understand he's better than Verdell, injury or not.

3. Verdell, Cyrus, Elliott, Dye and another possible commit will battle for the third spot. I'd put my money on Elliott but any of them are just as likely. I think Cyrus gets some PT so we have a big back in the stable.