Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by Duck07 »

Handsome Dan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:Unless Tate was hiding an injury, I'd say that the most impressive part of this performance was holding him to 32 yards rushing on 14 carries.
He looked a bit gimpy in the 2nd and it really showed in how they started calling plays.
Knew it was too good to be true.
Naw, through 40 minutes of the game he was ineffective before he came up lame on a run. We did a good job of answering their scores in the first half and being a true bend (and penalty) but don't break. We don't have the depth to shut them down completely but that was a nice performance by the defense to watch tonight.
Handsome Dan
Four Star Recruit

Post by Handsome Dan »

Duck07 wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:Unless Tate was hiding an injury, I'd say that the most impressive part of this performance was holding him to 32 yards rushing on 14 carries.
He looked a bit gimpy in the 2nd and it really showed in how they started calling plays.
Naw, through 40 minutes of the game he was ineffective before he came up lame on a run. We did a good job of answering their scores in the first half and being a true bend (and penalty) but don't break. We don't have the depth to shut them down completely but that was a nice performance by the defense to watch tonight.
That is good enough honestly.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Duck07 wrote:
Handsome Dan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Na he ran just fine in the 4th quarter on that 4th and 23. He was shifty and fast. I think the D just smothered him and frustrated him. Our D deserves tons of credit that was amazing job tonight
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

great overall team win, Lamar Winston played well I thought. It'll be nice to finish the season 8-5, I would've been happy with that record to start a season, and especially with herbert out so long.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Yea we had him in check for sure. He had averaged 375 yards of offense in his 6 games, 191 tonight.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

I like Willie quote after the game asking if Nike makes any bowling shoes
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

thomas time wrote:I like Willie quote after the game asking if Nike makes any bowling shoes
P
Willie was excited and happy! Great win for everyone!
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

From Moseley: Ducks are shouting out Demetri Burch a ton in the locker room, for his work the last two weeks playing as Khalil Tate on the scout team. #GoDucks Defense sure was outstanding tonight!!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

brich75 wrote:
Bigwaved wrote:F Arizona and their hubris. They can go home looking like fools tonight.
Vaginal hubris = the league
I loved that show!!!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

greenyellow wrote:
He looked gimpy because he got DYED on the run earlier where he came up favoring his knee.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

What an awesome game! Got to finally go to a game and it was a great one! Crowd was pretty loud around me, though it was fairly empty which was disappointing. Our student section was worse than expected. What an awesome game! I know Huskies have a much better defense, but 3 points to 48 points? It felt good to have Herbert back. He better never get injured again!!! At one point I was getting a little upset at Willie’s playcalling at the end of the 3rd quarter and told my friend I think he may be too conservative for the PAC-12, then the next playcalling was that reverse flea flicker beauty! Absolutely loved that. What’s crazy is Oregon was very mistake prone and still dominated, imagine how good this team could be if they were more clean and were healthy! But what if’s don’t matter. Regardless, super proud of this team for how they responded today and excited for a big win in the Civil War! This team is definitely going 8-5!
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Willie Taggart post-game:

Troy Dye, Jacob Breeland, and Charles Nelson post-game:

Dillon Mitchell, Tony Brooks-James, and Ugo Amadi post-game:

Henry Mondeaux post-game:

Justin Herbert, Jake Hanson, and Royce Freeman post-game:
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

It was so good watching Oregon get into Tate’s head from the start. He was flummoxed all night and second guessing himself. Great D tonight. Getting in a superstar’s head who’s got mojo and confidence is a hard thing to do. Kudos for our guys. There was only one great QB on the field tonight and he didn’t have an A on his helmet.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Best game of the year. Great gameplan from the dc. c

Only thing that still is going to bug me is Willie going conservative too often. The end of the first half in particular was just bad coaching, but I also didn't care for the first punt choice at all. 4th and 6 and you punt on the 38 yard line to get like 18 yards net?!

Maybe if you have BB at QB....but that mathmathically is just nonsense.