Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Arizona @ Oregon (Nov. 18, Sat 4 PM Pac-12 Network)

Post by greenyellow »

Moseley 11/14 practice report: http://www.goducks.com/news/2017/11/14/ ... ov-14.aspx

Marcus Arroyo 11/14 interview:

Mario Cristobal 11/14 interview:

Brendan Schooler 11/14 interview:
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Assuming Herbert is full-go for these last two games, I think there's a real opportunity to show everyone what the Ducks are capable of with a healthy good QB. The bye week could really help a lot.

As far as Arizona goes, they have a below average defense, so with the Duck offense essentially at full strength, I think we should score a lot. JH has been practicing, at least throwing, for five weeks now, so I don't see a "rust" issue, either. And with two weeks for the Duck D to prepare for Tate -- the only Arizona conference opponent who has had (or will have) such time to prepare for him this season -- I expect he'll find the going much more difficult than any of his other games.

With Herbert at the helm, I'm thinking something like 54-31 Ducks.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Jim Leavitt 11/15 interview:

Joe Salave'a 11/15 interview:

Willie Taggart 11/15 interview:

Jalen Jelks 11/15 interview:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

This Herbert situation put me in a predicament. Someone offered me good seats for half of the face value, but I also just bought a house which caused finances to be tighter and I also am spending about all of my free time studying for CPA exams, and I have one in a couple weeks. So the only way this would be worth it is if Herbert plays. But if BB plays and this stale offense comes out, no way it’d be worth it. If only I knew now if Herbert was playing or not!
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

OregonFan4Life wrote:This Herbert situation put me in a predicament. Someone offered me good seats for half of the face value, but I also just bought a house which caused finances to be tighter and I also am spending about all of my free time studying for CPA exams, and I have one in a couple weeks. So the only way this would be worth it is if Herbert plays. But if BB plays and this stale offense comes out, no way it’d be worth it. If only I knew now if Herbert was playing or not!

Sometimes you just have to take a chance.. I think he plays.. but i thought he would
the last game so dont listen to me. lol
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

I think Herbert plays too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

My mind would be boggled if Herbert doesn't play.
Greenblood
Senior

Post by Greenblood »

Glad to see the weather forecast models now converging on the idea of a dry forecast for Eugene on Saturday/Sat. night.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Greenblood wrote:Assuming Herbert is full-go for these last two games, I think there's a real opportunity to show everyone what the Ducks are capable of with a healthy good QB. The bye week could really help a lot.

As far as Arizona goes, they have a below average defense, so with the Duck offense essentially at full strength, I think we should score a lot. JH has been practicing, at least throwing, for five weeks now, so I don't see a "rust" issue, either. And with two weeks for the Duck D to prepare for Tate -- the only Arizona conference opponent who has had (or will have) such time to prepare for him this season -- I expect he'll find the going much more difficult than any of his other games.

Has anyone held Arizona to 31 or fewer since Tate took over?
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

lukeyrid13 wrote:
Greenblood wrote:Assuming Herbert is full-go for these last two games, I think there's a real opportunity to show everyone what the Ducks are capable of with a healthy good QB. The bye week could really help a lot.

No less than 45 actually
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

dphi wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

No less than 45 actually

Welp... :shock:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dphi wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

No less than 45 actually
Except for SC, who just did it just a couple games ago.
dphi
Two Star Recruit

Post by dphi »

buckmarkduck wrote:
dphi wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:

No less than 45 actually
Except for SC, who just did it just a couple games ago.
Oops, you're right, kinda forgot that game happened for some reason. Held them to 35, he's getting worn down! They did keep Arizona pretty much in check for the whole first half, which is pretty impressive.