Going to a game, questions about Autzen

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Going to a game, questions about Autzen

Post by Alan »

We have tickets to the civil war....couldn't be happier it's a 4 pm kickoff. Has been many years since I went to a college game anywhere. My wife seems to think they will let her bring in an umbrella.... I told her I seriously doubt they allow weapons like umbrellas...... is that correct? No umbrellas allowed? Second how about binoculars? Also, can you really buy seat pads for $5 each? Someone gave her a tip on that.... seems too cheap to be real.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Phenom
All Pac-12

Re: Going to a game, questions about Autzen

Post by Phenom »

I think binoculars are fine. Umbrellas block people's view so I don't think they're allowed. Plus, it never rains at Autzen Stadium!
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Alan wrote:We have tickets to the civil war....couldn't be happier it's a 4 pm kickoff. Has been many years since I went to a college game anywhere. My wife seems to think they will let her bring in an umbrella.... I told her I seriously doubt they allow weapons like umbrellas...... is that correct? No umbrellas allowed? Second how about binoculars? Also, can you really buy seat pads for $5 each? Someone gave her a tip on that.... seems too cheap to be real.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Umbrellas are a no-go, they block views.

You can rent seat pads, they're cheap. Depending on what tickets you got some of the nicer seats already have them.

Binoculars are allowed. There's really no seat in the house that's bad enough to really need them, but it can be fun to get a better view if you're high up.

If rain protection is needed, I recommend a disposable poncho. They sell them, and they're effective unless we have another event like the 2013 Cal game, in which case nothing will help you.
desertfan
Three Star Recruit

Post by desertfan »

GoDucksTroll wrote:
Alan wrote:We have tickets to the civil war....couldn't be happier it's a 4 pm kickoff. Has been many years since I went to a college game anywhere. My wife seems to think they will let her bring in an umbrella.... I told her I seriously doubt they allow weapons like umbrellas...... is that correct? No umbrellas allowed? Second how about binoculars? Also, can you really buy seat pads for $5 each? Someone gave her a tip on that.... seems too cheap to be real.

Thanks in advance,
Alan
Umbrellas are a no-go, they block views.

You can rent seat pads, they're cheap. Depending on what tickets you got some of the nicer seats already have them.

Binoculars are allowed. There's really no seat in the house that's bad enough to really need them, but it can be fun to get a better view if you're high up.

If rain protection is needed, I recommend a disposable poncho. They sell them, and they're effective unless we have another event like the 2013 Cal game, in which case nothing will help you.
I have season tickets pretty far back and having binoculars is great; I really kick myself if I forget to grab them on the way to the game lol

Having seat pads is really nice, not sure how much they cost to rent for one game but I'm sure its worth it. If not make sure you bring something to dry your seat off because November games, even if it doesn't rain during the game the seats are usually damp at the start. If you walk to the stadium from the campus they hand out free gameday newspapers on the footbridge just before the stadium that are adequate at drying off seats.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Binoculars are nice wherever you sit. I also like to bring an AM/FM radio with headphones/earbuds and listen to Jerry Allen call the game.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Don't need seat pads, just stand the whole game.
No umbrellas like others mentioned.
Binoculars. What section are you in?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

GoDucksTroll wrote: If rain protection is needed, I recommend a disposable poncho. They sell them, and they're effective unless we have another event like the 2013 Cal game, in which case nothing will help you.
First game I ever brought my groaning-at-football ex-girlfriend. Whoops.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

StevensTechU wrote:
GoDucksTroll wrote: If rain protection is needed, I recommend a disposable poncho. They sell them, and they're effective unless we have another event like the 2013 Cal game, in which case nothing will help you.
First game I ever brought my groaning-at-football ex-girlfriend. Whoops.
Epic game! Was the slight sprinkle during the game why she is now your ex? Lol