"There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oregon"

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: "There's been talk of Willie Taggart Wanting out of Oreg

Post by Alan »

Sometimes maybe some of us should remember our "sources" are just grasping at the next big thing! My opinion, dumbass thread, just wait until things happen, don't start false rumors.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Alan wrote:Sometimes maybe some of us should remember our "sources" are just grasping at the next big thing! My opinion, dumbass thread, just wait until things happen, don't start false rumors.
In all fairness nobody here stated anything. The dumbass from ESPN started. Sounded like he was grasping for straws and just threw this crap out there.
UofO8
Senior

Post by UofO8 »

brich75 wrote:
Alan wrote:Sometimes maybe some of us should remember our "sources" are just grasping at the next big thing! My opinion, dumbass thread, just wait until things happen, don't start false rumors.
In all fairness nobody here stated anything. \
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

brich75 wrote:
In all fairness nobody here stated anything. The dumbass from ESPN started. Sounded like he was grasping for straws and just threw this crap out there.
Well. Now three pages about this and some stated their sources, but did say they have failed them in the past... relax and ....relax
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

Alan wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Well. Now three pages about this and some stated their sources, but did say they have failed them in the past... relax and ....relax
Slow news period, the people are starving!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Hey, when somebody on ESPN is saying your coach wants out of town, there's going to be lots of talk. And there should be. Don't crap on people for trying to figure out what's going on.
dwysywd
One Star Recruit

Post by dwysywd »

brich75 wrote:
Aren't all of them at ESECPN fighting to keep their jobs right now?
"Let your dreams be bigger than your fears and your actions be louder than your words" - Willie Taggart
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Alan wrote:
brich75 wrote:
I'm pretty sure "some" was only one guy.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

srduck wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m hearing a lot of weird things about Taggart, including from people who have inside ties to the athletic department. I’m honestly not too sure either side is 100% happy but I really have no idea, just been hearing rumors. I guess we’ll see what happens. Mullens has to be at least slightly nervous right now.
What you hearing?
Remember some of your sources were way off when they were looking for a new football coach. Something to do with chip. Not knocking your sources but just be leary.
And Herbert returning for Utah.
I get it, my sources have been wrong lately, I’ll own up to that. I’m just reporting what I’ve heard. I’ve been told by people with strong ties that Willie can be rude and is intense and not very friendly towards members of the AD. I’m not claiming that’s true, just reporting what I’ve heard. I’m not even saying that I believe it, just again, it’s what I’ve heard.
I have heard the exact opposite and I have strong contacts in the AD as well. In fact the way it has been stated to me is that WT and the Asst coaches are a ‘refreshing change’ from the previous regime. So somewhere in between lies the truth as the old saying goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh well that’s good! I’m glad to hear that!
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

dwysywd wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Yes, a guy on ESPN is so desperate to keep his job that he thinks mentioning a .500 coach at Oregon is looking elsewhere will help him stay on the air.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ifuwant2 wrote:
dwysywd wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Yes, a guy on ESPN is so desperate to keep his job that he thinks mentioning a .500 coach at Oregon is looking elsewhere will help him stay on the air.
No. But I think ESPN loves it when their guys create controversy and they get clicks.
EncinitasDuck
Five Star Recruit

Post by EncinitasDuck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Duck24 wrote:
duckfan22 wrote:
Phenom wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m hearing a lot of weird things about Taggart, including from people who have inside ties to the athletic department. I’m honestly not too sure either side is 100% happy but I really have no idea, just been hearing rumors. I guess we’ll see what happens. Mullens has to be at least slightly nervous right now.
What you hearing?
Remember some of your sources were way off when they were looking for a new football coach. Something to do with chip. Not knocking your sources but just be leary.
And Herbert returning for Utah.
I get it, my sources have been wrong lately, I’ll own up to that. I’m just reporting what I’ve heard. I’ve been told by people with strong ties that Willie can be rude and is intense and not very friendly towards members of the AD. I’m not claiming that’s true, just reporting what I’ve heard. I’m not even saying that I believe it, just again, it’s what I’ve heard.
Lately?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

buckmarkduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
dwysywd wrote:
brich75 wrote:
No. But I think ESPN loves it when their guys create controversy and they get clicks.
Outside 3 Duck fan boards, there is no controversy.
Duck24
Senior

Post by Duck24 »

ifuwant2 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
dwysywd wrote:
brich75 wrote:
Pretty sure the guy most plugged into the program, JHop, has already squashed this but since we are debating the validity of BS Duck related rumors, did Blount punch MB?
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Duck24 wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
ifuwant2 wrote:
dwysywd wrote:
brich75 wrote: In all fairness nobody here stated anything. The dumbass from ESPN started. Sounded like he was grasping for straws and just threw this crap out there.
Pretty sure the guy most plugged into the program, JHop, has already squashed this but since we are debating the validity of BS Duck related rumors, did Blount punch MB?
JHOP tweeting at a tweet is hardly a debunking of anything. But I'm certainly with JHOp on this one. Still, the Ole Miss board certainly thinks Taggart is a number 1 option. It's going to be silly season. Taggart's name is getting floated at all of these jobs because he's either looking to move, his agent is working angles, or other schools want recruits thinking Taggart is leaving. Seems ridiculous to think all these schools are clamoring for a 5-5 coach. If he wants out, let him out. If his agent wants a deal, make Taggart earn it with a big season. If other schools are negative recruiting, then Willie needs to shut that down.